A Little Confused...

Just set up a new Volante preset as #9 on the Mastermind. Made it totally blank and it worked like a charm. Now I'm going to set up delays for the ones that need it. Things are looking up. Thanks!

"3) The only way to have trails is to have the Volante's loop turned on at all times, and then send it MIDI commands to enable or disable the pedal. Or, don't have the Volante in a PBC loop at all, and have it connected after the PBC's output. You can still get it to bypass using MIDI commands"

I have the Volante connected after the PBC's output. I'd like to enable trails. I know they're working when I turn the Volante off. Can you tell me how to bypass with trails using the MIDI commands?

"3) The only way to have trails is to have the Volante's loop turned on at all times, and then send it MIDI commands to enable or disable the pedal. Or, don't have the Volante in a PBC loop at all, and have it connected after the PBC's output. You can still get it to bypass using MIDI commands"

I have the Volante connected after the PBC's output. I'd like to enable trails. I know they're working when I turn the Volante off. Can you tell me how to bypass with trails using the MIDI commands?
I would think that just sending a bypass CC (CC#102, value 0) would do it (not 100% sure, though, never having used the pedal)

Hi. I've made some fixes and have a question:

I was having problems with the "Blank Preset" on the Volante...so I did a Factory Reset on it and started from scratch.

I found a way to bypass the unit from any individual presets:

PC Actions: Click off Volante
Preset Actions: CC Toggle #102 (Bypass)

What was interesting with this is that I wasn't able to just type in the Toggle #102 for subsequent Presets. Always had to choose it from "Select CC". Otherwise it didn't work. But the happy ending is that it DOES work when set up this way.

I also figured out Trails.

Preset Actions: CC Toggle #83 (Persist).

At first I didn't think it was working when I'd switch between presets...but then I remembered that you have to wait a few seconds when switching presets for it to engage. Not like you're switching back and forth in a hurry while you're playing an actual song.

Problem I'm having now has to do with assigning new Volante presets to the Mastermind presets.

I think that my disconnect is with the term "Send a MIDI Change message" from the MM to the Volante. I don't know how to do this. As is; these are the steps I take, using the screen on the physical device:

1) Click on Edit a Preset
2) Click on the Preset Name/Number I want
3) Click on “Volante”
4) Set the new preset number on the Mastermind Screen
5) Set up the new sound on the Volante
6) Press the Favorite button on the Volante until it blinks blue.

After that, I’m not sure how to proceed. I've set up a simple lead delay as #9 through what I can only call "luck". Don't remember what I did to save the preset after the Favorite button blinked blue...but it's done.

Where i've run into trouble, now, is when I try setting up a dotted 8th preset. I'll dial it in just right, set the board preset I want to #10, press the Favorite button, and then exit the edit screen. The MM preset sounds great until I move on to another and then back to that one. All of a sudden, the Repeats on the Volante are WAY too many. I've tried to redo the preset but always end up with the same problem. And whenever I'm in that Edit mode; the original Preset #10 sounds great. It's when I exit and move away from and then back to the effected preset that the Repeats become a problem.

I contacted Strymon. They're trying to be helpful but suggested I clarify: how do I Send a MIDI Change message from the MM to the Volante, after setting up a new Volante preset? I can't seem to find it in the manual.

Like I said: I had success with a simple lead delay as #9. I was thinking it might have to do with an Expression pedal that I no longer use...though that was set to control "Mix" only.

i just redid the Volante dotted 8th preset on another MM preset (set to #10). Works great and corrected the problem on the other MM preset as well. Don't know why but glad it did.

Back