1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Axe Fx III: Tuner on expression pedal heel down?

Discussion in 'GT General Discussion' started by Megahertzz, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Megahertzz

Megahertzz
    Expand Collapse

I'm using the toe switch on my Mission EP1-RJM to switch between engaging and controlling volume or wah, and i want to have the tuner engaged when the pedal is used to control the volume (LED off), and in heel down position.
    Is there any way of making this happen?

2. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Are you using a System / Exp Pedal action to switch the expression pedal's functions? If so, just edit the Position Switch Actions to do nothing in the expression pedal settings for the wah, and add a System / Tuner and CC Toggle / Axe-Fx III Tuner action to the expression pedal settings for the volume pedal.

Megahertzz likes this.
  3. Megahertzz

Megahertzz
    Expand Collapse

I am not. The switch between volume and wah is set up per preset in the Axe Fx. I like to be able to use the toe switch for other effects when i'm not using wah in the preset. But the pedal always controls volume when the toe switch LED is off.
    Is there a way to tell the GT to turn on the tuner IF the toe switch is OFF, AND the pedal is in heel down?

btw, I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to MIDI.

4. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Edit the "Exp Pedal 0" settings block in global settings. Make it have the same settings as your main expression pedal settings, but add a System / Tuner action to the Position Switch Actions at the bottom of the page. Also, check the Invert Position Switch checkbox.

In the external switch settings, add a this action: System / Exp Pedal #1 off:0 on:Global. This will select the expression pedal settings that allow the tuner to turn on when the switch is off, and will select the expression pedal settings that don't activate the tuner when the switch is on.

After you send these settings to the GT, go into settings mode on the GT itself, and go to Exp Pedals / Exp Pedal 1. Then, put the expression pedal in the position where you want the tuner to activate (when it goes below that position), and press Set Switch Position on the GT. Read the settings back into the editor and save them.

Megahertzz likes this.
  5. Megahertzz

Megahertzz
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much. I'll try this.

6. Megahertzz

Megahertzz
    Expand Collapse

7. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

There does appear to be something going on with the position switch - it's not registering like it should. I'll need some time to investigate.

8. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Found it, it will be fixed in 4.3.1, probably coming out next week.

Megahertzz likes this.
  9. Megahertzz

Megahertzz
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!