Boss FS-7 works as Dual Foot Switch with PBC6 and PBC10?

ZappaFrank

I have read the following info about the FS-7:
The Boss FS-7 is a compact, dual footswitch. It will work with our products if you follow these guidelines:
Use a 1/4-inch TRS cable to connect the external switch jack to the B jack on the FS-7
Set the Polarity switch to II
Set the Mode switch to Momentary
The FS-7 must be powered in order for the Polarity and Mode switches to work properly! This is an odd "feature" of the FS-7. It can be powered by a Boss PSA or 9 volt Pedal Power output. The FS-7 has LEDs, but they will only light when the button is being held - the LEDs will not be able to be controlled by the GT or PBC like RJM external switches can.

So when I follow these guidelines can I use the FS-7 with the PBC6 and/or PBC10 (because I have both)?
Will it then work as a single or as a dual switch? Are there any tutorials about this?

Yes, it will work with either PBC6 or PBC10, as a dual switch. We don't have any FS-7 specific tutorials aside from the above text. This video is about external switches in general, but it mostly applies to the FS-7:
External Switches

Yes, it will work with either PBC6 or PBC10, as a dual switch. We don't have any FS-7 specific tutorials aside from the above text. This video is about external switches in general, but it mostly applies to the FS-7:
External Switches
Thank you. I have the FS-7 which I once used to change presets on the GT-1000. Another option which seems to be much more flexible would be if I am going to get me the Mastermind LT. The thing is that I cannot reach the PBC6 and PBC10 with my feet. They are mainly like MIDI Slaves getting MIDI Commands in order to change Loops on my two Pedalboards. Now I need one solution which I can controll with my feet in order to directly access certain Loops on both units. But it seems that I would need an Y MIDI Cable to do this with the Mastermind LT, right? I am in Germany. So can you recommend an Y Cable could be used in such a scenario? Two little questions more about the LT, because I think I will buy one. Does it make an audible click? Can it in this scenario be used either as a momentary and as toogle switch.

Thank you. I have the FS-7 which I once used to change presets on the GT-1000. Another option which seems to be much more flexible would be if I am going to get me the Mastermind LT. The thing is that I cannot reach the PBC6 and PBC10 with my feet. They are mainly like MIDI Slaves getting MIDI Commands in order to change Loops on my two Pedalboards. Now I need one solution which I can controll with my feet in order to directly access certain Loops on both units. But it seems that I would need an Y MIDI Cable to do this with the Mastermind LT, right? I am in Germany. So can you recommend an Y Cable could be used in such a scenario? Two little questions more about the LT, because I think I will buy one. Does it make an audible click? Can it in this scenario be used either as a momentary and as toogle switch.
There are no relays in the LT except for the two in the function switch output, so it clicks far less than the PBC/10. It also has the same exact footswitches as the LT, which don't have a click of their own. The only noise they would make is if you pressed them hard and they hit bottom.

Probably the easiest way to connect things is to connect LT MIDI out to PBC10 MIDI in, then PBC10 MIDI out to a MIDI splitter cable like this:

Which splits the PBC6's MIDI output into separate output and input. The input side goes to the PBC10 output, the output to the rest of your gear.

OK, so I guess any bi directional MIDI Cable will be okay or has it to be a specific PBC compatible cable? According to the manual the buttons on the LT can be used also as hold buttons - so one more argument for the LT.

OK, so I guess any bi directional MIDI Cable will be okay or has it to be a specific PBC compatible cable? According to the manual the buttons on the LT can be used also as hold buttons - so one more argument for the LT.
There is no standard for bidirectional MIDI, so a cable made for our products is safest. Other companies probably do it the same way, but there's no guarantee of that.

Back