CC Action For All Presets

overdrive59

My H&K Grandmeister amp has midi control. The amp has presets with digital effects that can be controlled by midi. I want to override the effect settings with the Mastermind and use the effects on my board. This is simple to do.

My question is, is there a way to automatically send a predetermined CC message for EVERY preset? For example, turn off the delay effect in the amp for each preset. Right now, the only solution is programming the identical CC message into every Mastermind preset. Yes, this is a trivial 21st century problem!

My goal here is to keep the amp presets intact. Most of the time I will override them with the Mastermind but in a pinch I might use the amp standalone with the internal effects.

Last edited:
The best way to do it is set up an IA button that sends the desired CCs. Make sure Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned on. The button doesn't have to be on a page that you ever use, just make sure that Max Page (in global settings) is set to include the page that has this new button.

I thought I had this down but apparently not. Upon preset change, do the preset settings override the IA button. I want delay to be set to off, overriding the internal preset in the amp. The button works but I need to turn the delay off with the foot switch.

Last edited:
The button messages are sent after program changes, so they should still have precedence over the preset settings. Make sure that Send on Preset Change is turned on on the button, Send CCs on Preset Change is turned on for the device (in the Devices tab).

Back