CC Action on Preset Change

If memory serves, I had a similar sort of problem that was fixed when I changed the setting on the devices page for the Golden Boy to something like ‘accept CC messsages’ (not sure of the exact setting name…).

Not in front of computer or PBC right now but might be able to check later

It might have been turn off “Ignore incoming CC” and turn on “Send CCs on preset change”. It was the second of those two that had me snookered for a while, but it sounds like you already checked. Hope you figure it out…

Okay, I put the CC button on page 1 (and turned off the other one). When I hit the preset, both drive and boost come on. When I click the CC button off, they go off. Switching presets (when they're on) is still doing nothing. I feel like that means it's a problem with my configuration, but I can't for the life of my think what it is.

These device setting look correct?

View attachment 2282
Those settings are the same as mine, so I’d assume they’re good.

The not-switching-off-when-they-should-on-preset-change behaviour does kinda suggest there’s something else going on. My best guess is that there’s some other button somewhere in your setup that is turning the pedals on on preset change, or not turning them off.

I have my Golden Boy in the insert point between loops 4 and 5 on a PBC 10, so I do use the cc messages to switch it on and off per preset. But I have those cc messages set on IA buttons on a “gain stages” page. I also have buttons to control the GB diode options, boost type, and gain % on the same page. So every time I create a new pbc preset, I set what I want on the GB from there, then save the preset. Works for me. No idea if that helps. Free advice that might be worth what you paid for it…

Hope you get to the bottom of this.

Okay, I have tested this with new settings, configuring two presets with ONLY the Broken Arrow programmed in, and the IA button works for both on and off actions, and it works for multiple actions on a single Jackson Audio device. So I guess that MUST mean it's a problem with my settings, that some other setting in my configuration is preventing it from working. Checking all my buttons now to see if I can find it.

EDIT: I looked at every button and pretty every setting and I can't find anything that seems like it would cause this. Do I just start over with a clean configuration file at this point? I know that it can work. It just doesn't for me.

EDIT 2: I've tried this with a couple other devices as well (Broken Arrow, Golden Boy, Timeline, Ventris), and I see the same behavior. Of note, I have not configured any other buttons for the Ventris, so there is nothing that could be keeping it on, but it still will come on and not go back off.

EDIT 3: I'm just keep editing forever. One thing that's different that I just thought of. I created and started editing my main configuration on v4.5.0 I believe (or at the latest 4.6.0), whereas the test one that works was on 4.7.0. Is it possible that some setting is corrupted in an irreparable way because of that?

I also just noticed this:Screen Shot 3.png

This is on my real settings. On my test settings they both say v4.7.0.

FINAL EDIT: I was wrong. I completely started from scratch, and it still works the same way when it's on a local button page. If I put the IA button on a "real" page, the off actions happen. If I put it on a local button page, the off actions do not happen.

Last edited:
FINAL EDIT: I was wrong. I completely started from scratch, and it still works the same way when it's on a local button page. If I put the IA button on a "real" page, the off actions happen. If I put it on a local button page, the off actions do not happen.

This is probably the key - let's say preset A has a local button that controls a device, and is set up to turn on that device, and preset B does not have a button that controls the same device. Switching from preset A to preset B will not send any messages to the device. When you change presets, the new page loads up, then all the IA buttons send their messages. There is no longer a button that controls the device, so no message gets sent.

Yeah, I was thrown off by that originally because putting it on the same page didn't work either, but that must have been something else going on. I will just rethink handle to handle this.

Back