*** DEVICE SUPPORT REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support for Line 6 HELIX?

Hi Ron,
Hope the vacation was killer!!!!

Are you planning to have the GT support the Line 6 Helix?
I'm contemplating the rack version and the GT would be fantastic with it I bet.
bobruz :D

Have not upgraded in a while. Has Helix been added?

Yes, it is supported.

Finally downloaded latest FW and editor. Messed with new editor offline and noticed the Helix support. Did not see snapshots as options under IAs?

Hopefully I have time tonight to update my GT and start redoing the way I use it. 4 preset buttons and bank up and down on bottom row. then two rows of 6 and one row of 4 IAs that will call up a combo of axe fx scenes and Helix snaphsots. Doubt I will need 16 in most cases but when I build general purpose patches I want as many options as possible. Then for each song I can save a copy with the scene'snapshots stored that are appropriate for that song, along with tempo etc.

Finally downloaded latest FW and editor. Messed with new editor offline and noticed the Helix support. Did not see snapshots as options under IAs?

Hopefully I have time tonight to update my GT and start redoing the way I use it. 4 preset buttons and bank up and down on bottom row. then two rows of 6 and one row of 4 IAs that will call up a combo of axe fx scenes and Helix snaphsots. Doubt I will need 16 in most cases but when I build general purpose patches I want as many options as possible. Then for each song I can save a copy with the scene'snapshots stored that are appropriate for that song, along with tempo etc.

Hmm, never heard of snapshots. Must be something they added in a firmware release. I will look into it.

Hmm, never heard of snapshots. Must be something they added in a firmware release. I will look into it.

Snapshots are like fractals "scenes" only more powerful. Not only can they save bypass state for each block, but up to 64 other parameters are stored in each snapshot. You can have different amp gain, delay mix, more treble when you switch to neck pickup on variax. Variax model can be snored on a snapshot as well as tuning.

I guess that is the advantage of the way Line 6 implements midi over how fractal does. Fractal does a CC for every effect block. So even if you have a patch that has two amps and cabs, there are not enough CCs available to implement scenes more like snapshots. There are two scene controllers while snapshots have 64 basically.

The disadvantage to the L6 way is they only do CC toggle. No way to send a CC to turn off an effect. It will only toggle to opposite of current state. That doesnt allow me to incorporate HD Pro effects into my sort of sub presets on the GT.

Last night I redid my GT button,template. 4 global preset buttons, bank up and bank down global, page/save on external switch and tap on external switch.

Then. . .16 IAs that call up a combination of scenes on two axe fx and snapshots on a Helix. Incredibly cool and I have it all working fine.
Will use the Helix control when I get it to turn on effects on Helix and the PODs in pedalboard fashion. I may work on some tricks to get POD HD effects to be part of a "sub preset". Any effects that have a mix parameter I guess I can assign to a POD expression pedal and use snapshots on Helix to send a CC to be 0% or 100%. That will not work for drives, env filters, etc that don't have mix parameter.

FYI the CCs for Helix Snapshots are CC 69 0-7 for the 8 snapshots. Sending those is working fine. Adding it to drop down for Helix CCs will just help when I have not programmed the GT in a while and forget all the appropriate CCs.

Not sure if I should put this here but I'm gonna...

The Pigtronix Echolution entry has an error as far as I can tell bypass is cc 27 value 3 for on 4 for off.

It seem that the 0 - 127 values cuas the delay to need two presses to change bypass state.

I also noticed it defaults to send cc on preset change to off, this caused me a few hours of figuring out why the LT was not saving bypass status, chalk that up to my newbie status.

I'm locking this thread now. Please use the Wish List section for requests. It'll be easier for me to keep track of them. I'll still refer to this list for the next release or two and accomplish what I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back