EDIT: Got the GT-22! New user figuring out functionality.

I figured you had an IA button with a System / BPM action, that's what I was referring to.
Yup, that was it. Thanks again for the help with that :)

If you're using a group, there's a setting for each group "Send off messages" in the Globals tab. If that setting is turned on, pressing a button in the group will send two buttons' messages: the button that's turning on and the button that's turning off. If "Send off messages" is turned off, then only the button being turned on will send its messages.
Cool. Ya that worked for me with using the regular 12 button groups that are on the Global Page of the Editor.

For using more than 12 groups, the solution you came up with instead was to use IA ID's with an IA Action of Set IA. This now works for me once turning the "off" value of the cc's to "none" as well. I laid out the instructions as follows in case anyone needs in the future:

On your button, do as follows:

General Settings:

Button Mode: Normal
Button Type: IA
IA ID: Set to a number between 1-255 (all of the buttons in this group need to have the same number)
Global/Flash: Don't need to check (unless you want them to be global or flash with tempo)

IA Settings:
Nothing needs to be checked here (though you can if you need any of those settings).

IA Actions:
1) System > Set IA: # = IA ID from General settings for that button, Off = None, On = 0
2) Whatever your using here, the off value would need to be "None." I.E. Device = Moog MF-104M (midi channel 10), CC = 90 (delay subdivision), Off Value = None, On Value = any number between 1-127 (ie button 1: value = 0, button 2: value = 14....button 12: value = 89, button 13: value = 96), etc.

The workflow listed above is when you want to visually see which button you have currently selected. In other words, when you click on 1 button, it goes to that button's On State (both color and IA Action "On" values), while simulatenously telling all of the other buttons with that IA ID to go to their Off State (both color and IA "Off" value). That's why you NEED to use "Off = None" for the parameter you jumping between, otherwise the Controller will send 2 different values for the same CC (aka CC 90 off button might be value 48, but the button you just pressed has CC 90 value 108, and thus it may cause the device to read both values resulting in an incorrect cc value being sent...in my case the wrong delay subdivision).

Alternate Workflow: If you don't need the visual feedback of the IA ID group, you could just make these buttons all momentary switches instead. If they're all just sending a single cc value then you don't necessarily even need the IA ID.

What an amazing piece of gear though, right? I think 99.99% of anything you want to do with the MMGT is possible, it’s just that for more complicated things it takes a bit to figure it out.

What an amazing piece of gear though, right? I think 99.99% of anything you want to do with the MMGT is possible, it’s just that for more complicated things it takes a bit to figure it out.
Ya I'm still in shock of how amazing and deep it really is. Ron is truly a class act and his commitment to supporting his customers demonstrates his his great character.

Since I learned the IA ID workaround, I figured I'd also make a little video demonstrating it to help other users as well. Sorry for the phone video quality, just doing it off the cuff -

Back