Example: Select presets on your MIDI effects and save them to PBC presets

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
I created a sample configuration for a customer that uses Device PC - and + buttons to allow you to select presets on your connected MIDI-capable effects and save your selections to PBC presets. I've attached the file here in case anyone else might find it useful. This allows you to select effect presets without using the editor or the setup menu.

The file is configured for a Timeline, a Mobius, a BigSky and an H9, but it wouldn't be too hard to convert it to work with other pedals.

Setup:
1). Load this file into your PBC. You can load it into the editor software, the send settings to your PBC over the USB connection, or you can copy the file to a flash drive, and load it into the PBC.
2). Make sure that your pedals are set to the following MIDI channels:
Timeline: CH1
Mobius: CH2
Big Sky: CH3
H9: CH4
Consult the pedals' manuals for instructions on how to do this. If you don't have one of those pedals, that's ok, just set the pedals you do have.

To program a preset:
1). Select a preset on the PBC
2). Press the Loops button to go to the Loops page
3). Use the L1-L10 buttons to select which loops are on and which are off for this preset
4). Press the Loops button to return to the main page
5). Press the Function button to go to the Device PC page
6). Now, you can use the buttons to select which effect preset each pedal should load
- Buttons 1 and 2 (the blue buttons) control the Timeline. Pressing 1 moves down one preset, pressing 2 moves up one
- Buttons 3 and 4 (the green buttons) control the Mobius. Pressing 3 moves down one preset, pressing 4 moves up one
- Buttons 5 and Function (the purple buttons) control the Big Sky. Pressing 5 moves down one preset, pressing Function moves up one
- Buttons Switches and Mute (the yellow buttons) control the H9. Pressing Switches moves down one preset, pressing Mute moves up one
7). You can bypass a pedal using the pedal's own internal bypass by holding one of its Device PC buttons for 2 seconds. Both buttons that control the pedal will turn red indicating bypass. Hold again for 2 seconds to reactivate the pedal.
8). When everything is selected correctly, hold the Loops button for 3 seconds. It should say "Stored". Now the PBC has remembered your settings for the current preset
9). Press the Loops button to return to the main page, where you can select a different preset and repeat the process.

Attachments

• PBC-DevPCPage.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
RON,
I just loaded this file to create the midi edit page as you directed and IT WIPED THE PBC CLEAN. Gone. ALL GONE.
So i reloaded my settings, and it overwrote the file i loaded from the thumb. Ideas here? Im so glad i had the foresight to back up first.

Thanks,

John

I created a sample configuration for a customer that uses Device PC - and + buttons to allow you to select presets on your connected MIDI-capable effects and save your selections to PBC presets. I've attached the file here in case anyone else might find it useful. This allows you to select effect presets without using the editor or the setup menu.

The file is configured for a Timeline, a Mobius, a BigSky and an H9, but it wouldn't be too hard to convert it to work with other pedals.

Setup:
1). Load this file into your PBC. You can load it into the editor software, the send settings to your PBC over the USB connection, or you can copy the file to a flash drive, and load it into the PBC.
2). Make sure that your pedals are set to the following MIDI channels:
Timeline: CH1
Mobius: CH2
Big Sky: CH3
H9: CH4
Consult the pedals' manuals for instructions on how to do this. If you don't have one of those pedals, that's ok, just set the pedals you do have.

To program a preset:
1). Select a preset on the PBC
2). Press the Loops button to go to the Loops page
3). Use the L1-L10 buttons to select which loops are on and which are off for this preset
4). Press the Loops button to return to the main page
5). Press the Function button to go to the Device PC page
6). Now, you can use the buttons to select which effect preset each pedal should load
- Buttons 1 and 2 (the blue buttons) control the Timeline. Pressing 1 moves down one preset, pressing 2 moves up one
- Buttons 3 and 4 (the green buttons) control the Mobius. Pressing 3 moves down one preset, pressing 4 moves up one
- Buttons 5 and Function (the purple buttons) control the Big Sky. Pressing 5 moves down one preset, pressing Function moves up one
- Buttons Switches and Mute (the yellow buttons) control the H9. Pressing Switches moves down one preset, pressing Mute moves up one
7). You can bypass a pedal using the pedal's own internal bypass by holding one of its Device PC buttons for 2 seconds. Both buttons that control the pedal will turn red indicating bypass. Hold again for 2 seconds to reactivate the pedal.
8). When everything is selected correctly, hold the Loops button for 3 seconds. It should say "Stored". Now the PBC has remembered your settings for the current preset
9). Press the Loops button to return to the main page, where you can select a different preset and repeat the process.

Yes, it's a new settings file. It will replace all of your settings. It's intended to be used as an example to copy from or a starting point.

There is only a limited ability for the PBC to merge settings together. Some things will have to copied manually. The attached file replaces button page 4, which is where most of the work was done. Load this on top of your existing settings and page 4 will change to have the buttons described above.

The things that need to be done manually are:

- On the Devices tab, set up device 1 to be Timeline, device 2 to Mobius, device 3 to Big Sky and device 4 to H9. Set the MIDI channels appropriately for each device.

- On button page 1, double click the bottom right (Function) button. Copy the settings from the attached screenshot.

- Finally, on the Globals tab, set Max Page to 4 (if it's not 4 or higher already)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 10.31.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 10.31.30 AM.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 29
  • PBC-DevPCPage4Only.rjs
    8.8 KB · Views: 4
Updated files for firmware 4.1...

Attachments

• PBC-DevPC_Page-4_1.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • PBC-DevPC_Page-Page4Only-4_1.rjs
    8.3 KB · Views: 11