EXPRESSION PEDALS

I'm looking for an alternative expression pedal to my Boss FV-500H which has worked faultlessly for years. Unfortunately, I'm wary about buying a SP1-RJM because the last Mission pedal I owned developed a loose treadle that I could never tighten properly. I feel that this is a basic design flaw with this type of pedal. The Dunlop DVP3 model suffers from the same problem. Does anyone have any experience with the Rocktron Hex? Are there any other recommended alternatives?

I can tell you for sure the Hex works with the GT, but I haven't used it enough to say how it holds up over time. The Korg XVP-10 also works without modification and seems extremely sturdy. Hopefully some others will let us know what they're using...

Thanks. The Korg XVP-10 looks sturdy but it's enormous. I'd prefer a smaller pedal than the Boss, although I might settle for getting one of these reverse polarity cables and see how that works out.

Alright, so I have 2 Fractl EV1 expression pedals and I'd like to use at least one with the GT. I don't want to mess with the wiring on the pedal itself. So my options are to get a specially wired cable. Or...

Could I plug a regular TRS cable into the EV1, plug that TRS cable into a Hosa YPP136 breakout cable (http://hosatech.com/?s=ypp136), plug that into a Hosa YPP118 Y cable (http://hosatech.com/?s=ypp118) and then plug that into the GT? I already have a breakout cable, so I'd just need to pickup the Y cable for a few bucks. It seems like this would allow me to revers the polarity on the cable, depending on how I plug the breakout cable into the Y cable. And then I could just use a regular TRS cable with the EV1 for other applications.

I've already tried using an insert cable with the EV1, but the taper's not so good (my M-Audio EXP works better). I'm anticipating the actual expression output working better.
-
Austin

You could use two of the 2 female to 1 male adapters and then two mono cables in between them, swapping the tip cable and ring cable on one side.

Somehow, like an idiot, I managed to get the wrong cable! :D
If you're trying this at home, the insert cable part is fine, but make sure the other cable is Hosa part# YPP-117, NOT Hosa part# YPP-118! Doh!
-
Austin

Just got a couple of SP-1 Mission pedals for my GT-16. Set the first up for wah, and the second for volume. I must be missing something in the settings because the volume is smooth, and works fine, but the wah is a sharp on off at around 50%. I've switched the pedals, so it's not that, and I have the trs cables, so thats fine. Im using the "In a Funk" setting, and can't get it to sound like a smooth transition. Any ideas?

Just got a couple of SP-1 Mission pedals for my GT-16. Set the first up for wah, and the second for volume. I must be missing something in the settings because the volume is smooth, and works fine, but the wah is a sharp on off at around 50%. I've switched the pedals, so it's not that, and I have the trs cables, so thats fine. Im using the "In a Funk" setting, and can't get it to sound like a smooth transition. Any ideas?

You're going to have to do what I did cable-wise, or fiddle with the wiring in the pedal. It's not that they won't work at all but they don't work correctly. That's why Mission sells an RJM-specific SP1 pedal.
-
Austin

If you're handy with a soldering iron, go inside the pedal and swap the wires on the input jack's tip and ring.

Otherwise, contact Best-tronics (www.btpa.com) or other cable builder, and ask them to make a TRS cable that swaps the tip and ring on one end. That'll fix it as well.

That's whats bugging me, I have the RJM SP-1 pedals! Like i said, the volume works fine, but the wah sounds more like an on off switch, but i haven't found any parameters on the mastermind, the axe fx, or axe edit to fix it

That's whats bugging me, I have the RJM SP-1 pedals! Like i said, the volume works fine, but the wah sounds more like an on off switch, but i haven't found any parameters on the mastermind, the axe fx, or axe edit to fix it

Well you didn't mention that! :D
1. Have you calibrated both pedals on the GT?
2. If you swap both pedals and cables is the volume still fine and the wah still not? If so, this rules out the pedals and cables
3. Have you swapped the expression assignments for volume and wah? For example, if you have volume on External 1 and wah on External 2, what happens if you swap them? If wah is now fine and volume is broken, then that suggests something is amiss with the GT (in which case, maybe try a different Expression jack like 3 or 4). If Volume is still fine and Wah is still broken, then something is wacky with the controller setting in the Axe.
-
Austin

just tried all of that, still the same. tried all of the settings in the wah and still couldn't get it to stop. ill check with the axe guys and see if theres a setting I'm missing

just tried all of that, still the same. tried all of the settings in the wah and still couldn't get it to stop. ill check with the axe guys and see if theres a setting I'm missing

If you post your preset at the Fractal forum I or someone else can take a look at it and see if it acts weird for us.
-
Austin

Found it! Went into the axe and input the pedals under the "control" tab, then recalibrate the pedals under the "pedal" tab and that did the trick! Thanks to you all for the help! I'm sure this isn't the last time!

Morley m2 expression works. Passive and MADE IN USA!!!! I use the alternate side with a trs. It controls values in the axe unit just fine. I abhor most other types nowadays. Fits perfectly velcroed to the side of the gt16.

Morley m2 expression works. Passive and MADE IN USA!!!! I use the alternate side with a trs. It controls values in the axe unit just fine. I abhor most other types nowadays. Fits perfectly velcroed to the side of the gt16.

Cool, I will add it to the compatibility list!

Back