FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to widen the range for tuner calibration? Had to do a session in 432hz a while ago.

Scrolling titles - good idea, will look into it
Tuner calibration, no problem, that's easy. What's the widest range that people would reasonably need? And, aside from that issue, is the tuner working well for you? I just like to poll people from time to time since I'm not getting a lot of feedback on that.

Scrolling titles - good idea, will look into it
Tuner calibration, no problem, that's easy. What's the widest range that people would reasonably need? And, aside from that issue, is the tuner working well for you? I just like to poll people from time to time since I'm not getting a lot of feedback on that.
Tuner , best i ever use

There are more accurate ones out there - namely the sonic research stuff, their tuning is ridiculously sharp - but the integrated one is very good and usable. Also, it's readable in direct sunlight, depending on the contrast setting - very important. It's sufficient for both live and studio use, I ditched my tuner from the main board. Don't care much for the polyphonic thing to be honest; no need if you ask me. 432hz is as low as I ever had to go. I imagine an even wieder range being superfluous.

Thanks! Good to hear. I will continue to research other tuning algorithms and see if other improvements can be made.

..... and maybe just flash the lights of the active presets when choosing a song. In some songs I only have two or three presets, and
a visual of that would be great!! ( I suggested that in an earlier post- just a reminder :)

I think someone mentioned it.... but I would be great to have the LED light up when I go to Global preset. I get confused trying to remember which preset I was on or even being certain I am on the Global.

Just wanted to +1 the request for the ability to send audio tap signals/pulses out of the Function Switch outputs to non-MIDI pedals via the MIDI clock of the PBC.

I have a Strymon el Capistan and DIG. The el Capistan will require an extra jack added to achieve this, but it would be amazing to sync these pedals up to song presets/tempos.

Has someone already requested for the 1st preset button to be selected by default when banking up/down?

I know that it can flash and wait for a selection, or to automatically go to the last preset button in use (ie. if you were last using Preset button 3, then banking up would start on Preset button 3 again (now preset #8).

Is having the first Preset button as the default starting position possible when changing banks (ie. useful for song mode).

Has someone already requested for the 1st preset button to be selected by default when banking up/down?

I know that it can flash and wait for a selection, or to automatically go to the last preset button in use (ie. if you were last using Preset button 3, then banking up would start on Preset button 3 again (now preset #8).

Is having the first Preset button as the default starting position possible when changing banks (ie. useful for song mode).

When in bank & preset mode, it stays on the same preset button which switching banks. In song & setlist mode, it always switches to the first preset in the song when switching songs. Currently, there's no way to change the behavior besides those two options.

Thanks Ron! As long as it works that way in Song mode, then I'm good to go.

How about when you group pedals, the global page gets updated with either the button name or button location so you can easily tell which groups have been used.

It would be amazing if we could add textual notes within the Device PC -/+ buttons display. So along with the Device PC number we could add the name of the preset sound through the editor. When using midi devices that don't display preset names like a Echolution 2 or a Nemesis, you could scroll through the Device PC -/+ and use the PBC screen display to see the device PC number with the custom user preset name.

Follow up regarding the tuner: While I believe the accuracy to be absolutely sufficient, I think the graphics could be revamped to allow for more intuitive usage. I find the small bar used for fine-tuning extending both ways a bit misleading without a reference to the center. Also maybe a numerical reference to the current offset from ideal pitch in cents could be helpful.

Follow up regarding the tuner: While I believe the accuracy to be absolutely sufficient, I think the graphics could be revamped to allow for more intuitive usage. I find the small bar used for fine-tuning extending both ways a bit misleading without a reference to the center. Also maybe a numerical reference to the current offset from ideal pitch in cents could be helpful.

Many have asked for that - I'm sure I'll get all of that in there at some point in the not too distant future.

It would be amazing if we could add textual notes within the Device PC -/+ buttons display. So along with the Device PC number we could add the name of the preset sound through the editor. When using midi devices that don't display preset names like a Echolution 2 or a Nemesis, you could scroll through the Device PC -/+ and use the PBC screen display to see the device PC number with the custom user preset name.

Not an easy change, but device-level preset names is something I'm evaluating.

I've been configuring my PBC for some days now and was wondering if it was possible to assign colors to presets, if not can it be implemented?
I know you can assign a color to a button but that means that if that button calls a presets (any preset) it would be the same color all the time.
Also the feature that was Charlie mentioned above "Add a dim option or levels of brightness to the LED indicators. So you could use the same color for off or on." would be awesome! Coming from using an M13 years ago, that always helped to know what was going on on each "Scene"/page.

I'll think about the preset color idea.

Adjusting brightness levels of the LEDs is possible, but something I would need to test - changing brightness involves turning the LED on and off rapidly and that could generate noise that gets into the audio circuitry. I'll have to see how fast we could switch them on and off and see if we could get the switching speed out of the audio range.

Thanks for the reply! Hm.. I see, maybe adding two different shades of each color would be better? Not sure if in programming that would be the same thing as turning LEDs on and off like you said.
Example: In my head I always relate overdrives with an orange color. It would be nice if when the OD preset is on an "off" state it's a dark orange (or yellow as I didn't see any orange color on Editor) and when on an "On" state it's lighter orange color.. hm.. now thinking about it I am not sure if that would make much sense.. I think a brighter/more potent (when "on") is what we are looking for.. What do you think? I think I need help with my own ideas lol
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back