How do I setup my MMGT22 to follow my AF3 MK2?

@rjmmusic

Hey Ron,

I just loaded FW 17.02 on my AF3 MK2 and everything is in sync after refreshing the Get Preset Names, as my data on my MK1 is totally different that my MK2. This is a nice surprise. I'll be sure to update if any unseen issues arise, but it all looks good at this point.

Perhaps the most important point I gleaned was the importance of either performing a cold boot on the GT22, if hardware or firmware changed on the connected AxeFX, or at least powering on the GT22 after the AxeFX completed its boot process.

Thanks for the MIDI capture details. I suppose it isn't quite as immediate of a need, now that I'm not seeing any current hiccups, but I will most likely build one, just in case I need it in the future, or I get curious about what's going on.

Lee

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I have both the Mark I and Mark II and was watching this to see if I should Update to 17.02... Thanks for the Info !!

@rjmmusic @Rain

AF3 MK2 FW 17.02 MacMini M1 GT22 4.6.3

A bit of an update, with what I believe is a resolution.

I went through a few more of my presets on my AF3 today, via my GT22, and happened across one that wasn't syncing. My naming for the preset clued me in that I'd created the preset under FW 16 beta, so I wondered if a preset that was saved under a previous FW might cause my sync issue. So, to test that theory, I saved the AF3 preset via AxeEdit, which made no visual change on my GT22. I toggled to another preset and back, to refresh the data the GT22 was seeing, it was in sync.

I presumed that it wouldn't matter whether I used AxeEdit or the front panel on the AF3, and "luckily" as I went through a few more presets, danged if I didn't find another that wasn't synced. This time I used the front panel of my AF3 MK2 to save the preset, and followed the same process, toggling away and back, and again the preset was correctly synced.

I didn't really expect presets residing on a Firmware updated AF3 would retain identity from a previous FW, that would potentially cause a sync issue. And perhaps there is something that I'm missing, but so far, I've found three presets that were not syncing, and the described process above seemed to rectify the sync issue, as far as I can tell. Attached photos: 1. Screen shot of related preset, showing included and engaged blocks. 2. GT22 not synced, before the preset save. 3. GT22 synced after the preset save.

I had a preset that didn't seem to resolve completely with the above process, but all scenes were in sync after I performed a cold boot of my GT22.

If this is a known issue for you guys, then just move along. ;)

Cheers,
Lee

Edit: Did not initially resolve 100%, as other scenes in the same preset would still show as out of sync. Following the cold boot of my GT22, all scenes in the preset are in sync!

Attachments

• AE preset not initially syncing with GT22.png
    AE preset not initially syncing with GT22.png
    151 KB · Views: 3
  • GT22 file not synced.jpeg
    GT22 file not synced.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • GT22 back in sync.jpeg
    GT22 back in sync.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Interesting, thanks for the details!
Absolutely! I do hope this will at minimum, assist one of my brethren get through similar circumstances, and possibly have a rapid solution. Other than that, I'm sure you log the details away (in your mind, if not elsewhere) and put all of the puzzle pieces together to solve an issue, when necessary.

Keep up the great work Ron!

Lee

This thread has already helped me solve several of my mysterious malfunctions. I appreciate y'all sharing!

Back