Introducing the Micro Line Mixer!

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
We finally have our Micro Line Mixer in production. This is a simple 4-in, 1 out mixer designed for parallel and wet/dry/wet systems. You can find the info here:

We should be able to start selling it next month (August 2023)

Attachments

• MLM-TOP.jpg
    MLM-TOP.jpg
    882.7 KB · Views: 18
Can you explain more about the "Headroom: +9dBV using 9V power supply, more with higher voltage power supplies"? Can you give us an idea about the increased headroom numbers at the various input voltages? (ie - 9V vs 24V)

Thanks!

Can you explain more about the "Headroom: +9dBV using 9V power supply, more with higher voltage power supplies"? Can you give us an idea about the increased headroom numbers at the various input voltages? (ie - 9V vs 24V)

Thanks!
Basically, it can handle an 8V peak-peak signal with a 9V supply. With a 12V supply, it can handle 11V peak-peak, 24V would be 23V peak-to-peak, etc.

For reference, standard line level is 3.472V peak to peak, and most digital pedals start clipping around 4.5 volts peak to peak.

The Micro Line Mixer is now up for sale! We've already done final assembly and testing on some units and are ready to ship them.

Is this all we need to be able to do a parallel on a PBC 6x? I’m just curious, if I connect my 2 h9’s all 100% wet outputs to the micro line mixer from loops 5 and 6 on my PBC 6x and nothing is going back to the return jack on loops 5 and 6 on the PBC, then my dry signal from loops 1-4 can pass thru loops 5 and 6 with nothing on the return jack?

Basically my question is do I still get the dry signal out of the PBC 6x output jack if loops 5 and 6 outputs going to the micro line mixer and nothing plugged in on their return jack on the PBC 6x?

Basically my question is do I still get the dry signal out of the PBC 6x output jack if loops 5 and 6 outputs going to the micro line mixer and nothing plugged in on their return jack on the PBC 6x?
Yes, correct. If nothing is connected to the loop returns, then the signal at the main output will come from loops 1-4.

Is there anyway to kill the dry signal remotely with a PBC6x? I’m currently using a Suhr minmix for certain patches to remove the dry signal. The one thing the minmix lacks is the level controls.

Is there anyway to kill the dry signal remotely with a PBC6x? I’m currently using a Suhr minmix for certain patches to remove the dry signal. The one thing the minmix lacks is the level controls.
I'm sorry, it doesn't have that ability.

Ron, follow up question. So, is it fine if I use a Goodwood interfacer as my Guitar input and my main out while using the micro line mixer? This is going to be my set up: Guitar in> Goodwood interfacer>Pbc 6x (loops 5&6 H9s out to micro line mixer (wet inputs)> Pbc 6x out 1 (dry)> micro line mixer (dry input)> Goodwood Interfacer> Amp.

If I run 3 stereo pedals to the inputs of the wet section, but also run a stereo wet pedal after my drives/amp into what would be the dry input, couldn’t that work as essentially 4 wet effects in parallel? I understand there would be no true dry path because that would be affected by the 4th wet effect. But (other than the internal jumper being changed to stereo for the dry in) is there an issue I’m missing?

If I run 3 stereo pedals to the inputs of the wet section, but also run a stereo wet pedal after my drives/amp into what would be the dry input, couldn’t that work as essentially 4 wet effects in parallel? I understand there would be no true dry path because that would be affected by the 4th wet effect. But (other than the internal jumper being changed to stereo for the dry in) is there an issue I’m missing?
Yes, the dry input could be used as a 4th wet input instead. The only differences between the wet and dry inputs are:

1). The dry input has internal jumpers for mono/stereo selection
2). The dry input has its own buffer and buffered output
3). The dry input has its own level control

None of those will prevent it from being used as a 4th wet input.

Back