Introducing the Overture!

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
I own a ton of Distortion/OD pedals and this is my favorite after decades of collecting. I thought I'd try it out on a small pedal board, but now I have to get a second one and redo my main rig. It's that good. Looking forward to the editor so I can copy over my presets to the additional Overture. Outstanding work, Ron.
That's great to hear!

The editor is a bit delayed, but I should be able to begin working on it in earnest in a week or two. It'll be based on the Mini Effect Gizmo X editor, so the majority of it is already completed.

JeffMarshMusic

Hi Ron, I'd like to learn more about using an expression pedal with Overture. I can see in the MMGT that I can choose the different parameters in Overture in the Preset Actions menu, but I can't find any info about assigning an expression pedal to a specific Heel or Toe position. I'd like to try to adjust the Drive amount on the fly. If there are any videos of documentation please let me know.

Thanks! I now have 2 of these awesome pedals. : )

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
If you always want to assign it to Drive, then in expression pedal settings on the GT, do the following: Set Device to Overture and CC to Drive. Set min value and max value to the range you'd like. Min value is the drive level for the heel down position, and max value is the drive level for toe down position. Set the values to a number between 0 and 127, where 0 is drive all the way down and 127 is drive all the way up.

JeffMarshMusic

If you always want to assign it to Drive, then in expression pedal settings on the GT, do the following: Set Device to Overture and CC to Drive. Set min value and max value to the range you'd like. Min value is the drive level for the heel down position, and max value is the drive level for toe down position. Set the values to a number between 0 and 127, where 0 is drive all the way down and 127 is drive all the way up.
Thanks Ron! I'm looking forward to trying this.

Is it possible to move the pedal in the Heel direction reducing the drive level but also ADD some volume while traveling to the Heel position?
I don't believe "Position Switch Actions" is for continuous controllers, so maybe having the minimum value higher than the maximum value would act as inverting the 2nd device parameter(?)

Also, if I adjust the drive level with an expression pedal, will "saving" save the edited drive level relative to the current pedal position?
Thanks!

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you can invert the min and max values to have a parameter work backwards compared to the pedal travel. You can have the first CC control drive and the second CC control volume, no problem.

Any changes made by expression pedal are not saved when saving a preset. It saves based on knob positions only.

JeffMarshMusic

Yes, you can invert the min and max values to have a parameter work backwards compared to the pedal travel. You can have the first CC control drive and the second CC control volume, no problem.

Any changes made by expression pedal are not saved when saving a preset. It saves based on knob positions only.
Excellent information. (I thought for sure presets would save as edited by the pedal. I’m glad I asked).
Thanks Ron!