Introducing the Overture!

About 90% done at this point. I ran into holiday related delays and now end of year stuff like inventory and taxes are competing for my time, but I do get to work on it here and there. This week is pretty much lost at this point, but I'm hoping to get it to the finish line, or at least close, next week. Mac & PC versions will come out first. iPad will be a week or two later because it requires additional work to get it converted and into the App Store.
IPad version?! Wow, that’s a nice surprise, thanks.

What a nice surprise to see RJM has come out with a midi controlled OD pedal. I’ve been away from RJM for a while after using a GT22 for many years in a live setting. With COVID I have primarily stuck to using my Axe FX III with their controller which is fine in the studio for me.

However, I plan to get back out playing live and this go around I plan to use a more analog pedal/tube head rig which has got me back to this site. I am not sure which controller I want but the GT16 or GT10 is on the short list with the effect gizmo for my larger rig.

One thing that intrigues me about the Overture is if will have the ability to send a few midi messages. This would be great because I could see Overture being used as the main OD and “brain” on a small pedal board to control a few other midi pedals. As someone else posted this would pair well with a midi EQ. With the Overture and midi EQ together would give you a ton of tonal options in a small package. I play a lot of different guitars for different situations and to have a OD and EQ midi recallable would be amazing.

The other compelling thing with the Overture is the software you will be releasing soon. My favorite part of owning the GT22 was the software editor and the flexibility and ease of programming. I loved the song mode especially. While I know the Overture software will initially be basic I believe it will advance over time as you have proven with the other editors. The Overture editor it will allow me to move the Overture from my small rig to my larger rig more seamlessly since the Overture settings will be recallable.

I hope this is the start for more future pedals but I like how you are focusing one the one for now and making it unique.

Thanks for the input. I'm hopefully getting to the end of the editor software development, which has taken far longer than I expected. I'm hoping we're in the home stretch now.

The Overture doesn't have any MIDI sending capabilities as of yet, but it shouldn't be hard to get it to send basic program changes. I'm not sure how much of a MIDI controller we can make out of it. The processor we used is pretty much just enough to do what it needs to do for the basic pedal functions, and not a lot more. But, I'll look at it and see what we can get it to do. The editor will bring firmware updating abilities, which is the first step.

Thanks for the input. I'm hopefully getting to the end of the editor software development, which has taken far longer than I expected. I'm hoping we're in the home stretch now.

The Overture doesn't have any MIDI sending capabilities as of yet, but it shouldn't be hard to get it to send basic program changes. I'm not sure how much of a MIDI controller we can make out of it. The processor we used is pretty much just enough to do what it needs to do for the basic pedal functions, and not a lot more. But, I'll look at it and see what we can get it to do. The editor will bring firmware updating abilities, which is the first step.
Perfect even if it can only do program changes that would be most welcome.

Is it possible to use the USB port from my PBC to my Overture USB C port to power it safely for live situations?
I ran out of power outlets on my pedalboard.
Also would it be possible to use the Midi IN port on my PBC to send midi and/or power to the Overture that way?
And if so do you sell a cable to do that?
Thanks!

Is it possible to use the USB port from my PBC to my Overture USB C port to power it safely for live situations?
I ran out of power outlets on my pedalboard.
Also would it be possible to use the Midi IN port on my PBC to send midi and/or power to the Overture that way?
And if so do you sell a cable to do that?
Thanks!
The PBC doesn't send or receive power over its MIDI jacks.

You can safely power the Overture from a USB C connection, but it might be more noisy than powering it normally. It depends on the computer you're using and what else is in your rig.

I tried searching but I can not find the info about using the PBC MIDI IN as a MIDI OUT and the type of cable needed.
Could you please clarify?

Thanks

This article has an explanation:

I wouldn't recommend trying to power the Overture from the PBC's USB jack. It might work, but it's not something we've tested.

I am setting up a Button Page on my PCB/10 to control my Overture. I added a Device+ and a Device- button.
For some reason on the PBC the Device numbers on the Display work correctly up to 9 after that it does not show 10 or up.
The Overture is changing presets and the PBC is calling up the correct pre set on the Overture when saved (even a higher numbers)
When I auto enter the Overture as a Device on the PBC I had to change the Max PC to 99 and #of presets to 100.
Bank Type comes as "No Banks" there is no info in the PBC manual under Devices that explains what these options do.
I changed it to LSB and checked "flat numbering"

Thank You

The button name is limited to 15 characters. If the button name plus the number of characters in the preset number exceeds 15 characters, it will be cut off. That's probably what you're seeing. Shorten your button name by 2 characters and it should be ok.

The button name is limited to 15 characters. If the button name plus the number of characters in the preset number exceeds 15 characters, it will be cut off. That's probably what you're seeing. Shorten your button name by 2 characters and it should be ok.
That works,
Thanks again!

Back