Issue with stereo

Flow

Hi :)
Im a french user. I'm sorry if I write not correctly. I will do my best !

In first I've read this post: http://www.rjmmusic.com/2016/03/29/using-stereo-pedals-with-the-mastermind-pbc/

My PCB Firmware is 3.1.5, my editor Firmware is 3.1.4.

Audio configuration:
- loop7 and 8 are locked in serie
- loop9 and 10 are locked in parallel with trails
- All buffers are On
- Input 1, Dry Mix, OutputA, OutputB are On

External buttons:
- "Mono->Stereo (out)" : button not pressed
- "Mono Output" : button not pressed
- "Iso B" : button not pressed

My signal chain:
- Guitare -> Tuner -> Input 1 RJM PCB
- Loop1 to 6 (comp / drive / boost) with a Selah Scarlett3 betwen "Out1-4" / "In 5-6" controlled by midi
- "Out5-6" -> ISP Decimator -> Volume -> "In7-10"
- Loop7 : Nano Pog (Ring disconnect cable for PCB -> Nano Pog Input; Mono/Stereo converter cable for Nano Pog output -> PCB)
- Loop8 : Walrus Julia (Ring disconnect cable for PCB -> Nano Pog Input; Mono/Stereo converter cable for Nano Pog output -> PCB)
- Loop9 : Strymon Timeline (stereo with Y cable)
- Loop10 : Eventide H9 (stereo with Y cable)
- OutputA + B -> Strymon Bigsky (stereo with two mono cable) -> Two amps

The issue:
I have the left side outcoming from Output A, but a windy silence from Output B.
If I bypass loops7, 8, 9 and 10 : same result.
If I press the button "Mono output" I can hear my guitar in Amp 1 and Amp 2... but I've only the half of the stereo image.

I love my RJM PCB, it's a fantastic switcher. But I really don't know what should I do now...
Please help me :)

Ok, try this:

- Start with all loops off, check signal out of output B
- Turn off buffer 2, check again
- Turn off buffer 3 (leaving buffer 2 off), check again
- Now, borrow a pedal to make this connection: guitar->pedal in, pedal out->right side of Y cable->loop 7 return. Turn on loop 7 and check to see if there's signal coming out of the right side.
- Repeat the above for loops 8-10

Please let me know if you get signal out of the right side during any of those tests

Ok
All loops off -> I can hear my sound out of output B.

The issue appears when I set one of the loops7 to 10 in parallel and if I activate the parallel loop(s): there is no sound out of output B.
The issue appears with loop7, 8, 9 and 10.
If I don't activate the parallel loop I have my sound out of output B.

Then I've checking with buffer 1 off, Buffer2 and 3: same result.

I've checked all loops with this: "guitar->pedal in, pedal out->right side of Y cable->loop 7/8/9/10 return": I have a signal coming out of the right side if the loop, but only if the loop is in serie. In parallel the is no signal coming out of the right side.

Let me know if I have to test other thing

If you always get sound when you are running the loops in series, then there may be something wrong with the internal line mixer. When and where did you buy this PBC?

I bought it from Looperparadise in Deutschland (Germany) the 21 august 2016.
I'm afraid to send my PCB to be fixed, cause I've a lot of musical projects and I don't know how to play all the parts/combined sounds without it. :(

Last edited:
The only other thing I can do for you is send a replacement circuit board and have you replace it yourself. I've done that with other customers and the success rate so far is 100%. If you want to try this please email me at support at rjmmusic dot com

Back