Light on External Switch is Always On

Hi Ron --

I'm using a Mission SP1-RJM expression pedal with my GT/16.

The switch output (jack 2) on the pedal is connected with a TRS cable to the External Switches 1/2 input on the back of the GT.

In the Editor on the buttons page the "Ext switch 1" is configured as a Normal IA button.

The red light on the expression pedal is always on. It goes off momentarily when the pedal toe-switch is engaged, but comes back on when it is released. (The actions triggered by the switch do seem to work correctly.)

My understanding of the expected behavior is that the LED on the expression pedal should toggle on/off every time the toe-switch is pressed, as the IA switches between on/off status.

Firmware and editor versions are current (4.3.0).

Can you help?

Thanks!
Joel

The LED is only single color, but it can be programmed to turn off by setting the color to black and programmed to turn on by setting the color to something other than black. Edit the button, and make sure Off color is set to black and On color is set to something other than black.

Brilliant -- "Black for Off" was what I needed.

It's all working as intended now.

The manual does say "LED is single color", but I hadn't inferred the generalization of "Black" to turn it off.

thanks!

Here's my pedalboard, by the way ... working great! Editor layout and logic is outrageously smart -- very nicely done!

Cheers -- Joel

IMG_3140.JPG

And the rack:

IMG_2781.JPG

Back