Load preset independent of button number.

AL270

Hi,

Perhaps I'm being really silly, but I'm trying to have button 5 load preset No. 26 on press and then alternate back to preset 5, I've set buttons 1-4 as presets 1-4, but if I press an IA button that loads a preset (say, preset 18), and then say button 2, it loads the preset at the IA's preset + 2 (so preset 20). Also regardless if I set button 5 to preset index 26, it always loads preset 5.

Thanks for the reply, so is there a way to activate the alternate preset when using a button as an IA that switches a preset?
Alternate preset only works on "normal" preset buttons, but you can set up an IA Cycle button to cycle between 2 or 3 presets. Episode 13 deals with IA Cycle.

The actions on the button would need to look something like this:

System / Step
System / Preset preset:1
System / Step
System / Preset preset:2

This would create 3 steps, the first is an "off" step that doesn't select any preset - that's the default. Then, the first press will switch to the second step, which selects preset 1, and the second press selects preset 2.

Now, this won't be exactly the same as a preset/alternate preset button, because the third press will go back to the "off" setting. You'd need to press it once more to get back to preset 1. But, that's as close as you can get currently.

I think I've sussed this. Using Alt Preset is the bomb instead! I've dropped the IA button for now.

Onward!

I think I've sussed this. Using Alt Preset is the bomb instead! I've dropped the IA button for now.

Onward!
I tried that, the solution I found was what was suggested by RJM, and enabling IA link so it resets whenever I press another button :)

Back