MASTERMIND GT 4.1beta1 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, you can't get scene names to appear anywhere but preset buttons.

The current plan (subject to change) is:
- Static scene name plan (described earlier)
- Scene names are stored per GT preset, probably will be represented in the editor as a separate pane next to IA Buttons and Preset Actions.
- When a preset is selected, scene names will be automatically displayed in any IA button that has a Scene CC action as the first action in the button. Scene buttons will automatically turn on or off to indicate which scene is currently selected.
- Yes, I will find some shortcut to make Get Preset Names quicker to access. Don't know what it will look like yet.
- The existing song/preset/scene thing will still be available as an option, and can work in conjunction with this new method of doing things.

This will allow the "old way" of doing things, plus a lot more. For example @GreatGreen 's example above is no problem. @David Barrow's request will work using two button pages, one for presets, one for scenes. System resource usage is relatively low, no local button pages required.

That's my plan for the upcoming week! I don't know if I can get it done in one week - it's a sizable change - but it shouldn't be more than two weeks. In the meantime, keep the bug reports and comments coming!
Even if it only says" "Scene 1", "Scene 2", etc. I would like that. Presets would be selectable on a row, also having bank up/bankdown buttons, and then a "scene" button would allow scene selection within the preset. Isn't this how the Axe-FX II worked? I already don't remember, since I have my old unit boxed up and ready to ship to the first ebay buyer.

Yes, you can do that now, just do an Assign CC to assign Scene buttons to the desired buttons. You should edit each button individually and make sure each button is set to Group 1, and Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned on. This should make functioning scene buttons - you just won't get scene names.

Yes, you can do that now, just do an Assign CC to assign Scene buttons to the desired buttons. You should edit each button individually and make sure each button is set to Group 1, and Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned on. This should make functioning scene buttons - you just won't get scene names.
Thanks. I will see if I can do that when I get back home. Is it easier to do it with the editor? I would imagine so.

Can different presets call up different sets of FX blocks on the Axe-FX III? On a few presets I want to be able to switch and octave effect on and off, but I don't need that on all presets or to be globally accessible.

Can different presets call up different sets of FX blocks on the Axe-FX III? On a few presets I want to be able to switch and octave effect on and off, but I don't need that on all presets or to be globally accessible.

Yes, you can do that by using button pages. Each page can have a different button layout, and each preset can automatically select a different button page. There are 16 global button pages, but each preset can also have its own local button page.

Yes, you can do that by using button pages. Each page can have a different button layout, and each preset can automatically select a different button page. There are 16 global button pages, but each preset can also have its own local button page.

I love this feature. I have a standard layout I use for all my patches, but if I use some patch with particularly nutty effects or gimmicks, I'll just make a local page for that patch and put down custom IA switches for any weird blocks or routing that isn't normally in my standard patch template and I'm good.

Additionally, I use quite a few pages per each patch, and every page always has a "Home" button set to go back to page 16, which is the page that the "Local Page" replaces when present. This way, all my patch pages are fully compatible with any custom Local Page I make from the get go.

The 3 things I care about most are 2-way communication (mostly that my IA buttons correctly show what effects/etc. are engaged), getting preset names, and getting scene names. I understand that options for getting scene names are underway.

I like using local pages for most of my presets and have spent a lot of time editing (with the AxeIII as a general midi device). If I load the beta, or the next update, will I have to start over?

With my II, I created a RJM preset with a local page for each of my Axe-Fx song presets. This let me create named scenes for each song. I’m glad I don’t have to this anymore with RJM’s support of the III.

Last edited:
The 3 things I care about most are 2-way communication (mostly that my IA buttons correctly show what effects/etc. are engaged), getting preset names, and getting scene names. I understand that options for getting scene names are underway.

I like using local pages for most of my presets and have spent a lot of time editing (with the AxeIII as a general midi device). If I load the beta, or the next update, will I have to start over?

You won't have to start over, but you'll have to change the CC numbers on your IA buttons to use our numbering scheme.

Here's the long awaited 4.1 beta for the Mastermind GT!

FEATURES
  • Axe-Fx III support!!!
  • New button options for hold functions: "IA Mode Only" makes the hold function only work when IA mode is active. It will also only be displayed when IA Mode is active. "Show Name" allows to you turn on or off the display of the hold function's name in the button display.
  • Preliminary support for volume pedals (log taper correction)
  • Support for Ramble FX Kismet pedal
  • Editor now has "Show Tool Tips" option so you can turn them off when they start annoying you
  • A couple of bug fixes that I can't remember right now. :)
KNOWN ISSUES
  • Looper Once doesn't update the state of the buttons when the loop ends
  • Sometimes, the Channel label disappears from an IA button
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

THIS IS BETA FIRMWARE AND WILL LIKELY HAVE BUGS!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 3.1 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the 1 and 3 buttons.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Beta/MMGT41B1.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Beta/MMGTEditor-4.1b1.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Beta/MMGTEditor-4.1b1.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.0.pdf

Editor Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki

I did a quick video overview, which you can find here:

it doesn't works.
I performed the procedure at least 5-6 times
Have inizialized 2 times my usb drive (in Mac OS Journaled as usual) but the response of the GT16 is always the same, here attached.
What could be wrong?

edit: in the usb drive there is only the rjf file, with NO folders.

Attachments

• IMG_3262.jpg
    IMG_3262.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 9
it doesn't works.
I performed the procedure at least 5-6 times
Have inizialized 2 times my usb drive (in Mac OS Journaled as usual) but the response of the GT16 is always the same, here attached.
What could be wrong?
Try a different USB Drive.

Or format the drive as a FAT (MS-Dos).

works, strange because I installed the previous fw with Mac OS Journaled.
Anyway, there are still some issues.
It's 20 minutes the process to import preset names is started, but the progress bar on the main screen remain to zero. Doesn't go on (I'm importing preset names from 0 to 95)

works, strange because I installed the previous fw with Mac OS Journaled.
Anyway, there are still some issues.
It's 20 minutes the process to import preset names is started, but the progress bar on the main screen remain to zero. Doesn't go on (I'm importing preset names from 0 to 95)

Make sure that on the III “Program Change” is enabled in MIDI/Remote.

Make sure that on the III “Program Change” is enabled in MIDI/Remote.

yes, it is, my GT16 was already manually programmed until now, with the "old" 4.0.1

other thing works fine

Attachments

• IMG_3263.jpg
    IMG_3263.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3264.jpg
    IMG_3264.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3265.jpg
    IMG_3265.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3266.jpg
    IMG_3266.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 6
speaking with other guys on Fractal Forum seems that the new AxeIII Edit beta 8.15 works not well with MMGT.

I point out two types of issues:

-the stomps are activated very rarely, sometimes yes, and in the same way it often does not work when I turn them off.
- when I change presets there is a double sound hole, rather than one as usual

If I close Axe III Edit, everything works fine.

Could someone of you trying to test it?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back