MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE 3.3.1

Strike-through would be the best formatting style to indicate that an effect is not available, but I guess that 's impossible.

Strike-through would make sense; that way you wouldn't have to worry about having to accommodate extra characters. Why would that be impossible?
-
Austin

Strike-through would make sense; that way you wouldn't have to worry about having to accommodate extra characters. Why would that be impossible?
-
Austin

I don't think it's graphically possible to overlay a horizontal line.

Alternative would be a font set that supports strike-through and I guess that that's not implemented.

Last edited:
Strike through is possible. The displays are bitmapped, so we can draw whatever we like. What about the color, though? Only black out the display if both functions are disabled?

Strike through is possible. The displays are bitmapped, so we can draw whatever we like. What about the color, though? Only black out the display if both functions are disabled?

Yes, I think that would work great.
-
Austin

The displays are bitmapped, so we can draw whatever we like.
Does that mean it's possible to place a black and white BMP graphic in the displays rather than text? That would be a fantastic feature in the editor. I'd create little icons for the IAs, to represent effect pedals.

Does that mean it's possible to place a black and white BMP graphic in the displays rather than text? That would be a fantastic feature in the editor. I'd create little icons for the IAs, to represent effect pedals.

Technically, it's possible, but it would be a large amount of work.

*shudder*

For me it's always been easiest to look at text. If I have to look at a picture, then it slows me down because I have to translate that into words. I actually prefer no labels at all to just pictures. But obviously YMMV :D
-
Austin

Technically, it's possible, but it would be a large amount of work.
No worries. It would be more of a novelty than functionally useful. The reason I bought the GT10 was to be able to label my switches, and it's fantastic in that regard.

A much more practical request : can I use the main screen to play Pac Man while I'm waiting to solo? :)

Thanks for all you do Ron!!! My MMGT22 is one of the best purchases I've ever made with unparalleled support !!!
Rock It!!!!

Rain

I just upgraded to 3.3.1. Now my effects Gizmo does not repond to CC messages for loops 9-12. If I down grade the firmware, will it accept a data from edited with the new editor?

It depends on what you downgrade to. You can definitely load a 3.3.1 file in the 3.3.0 editor, but older versions of the editor will not accept 3.3 files.

But, an upgrade to 3.3.1 shouldn't cause things to suddenly stop working. If you send me your settings file, I'm sure I can figure it out and get those Effect Gizmo loops working again.

That's what I figured (not retro - compatible ). I didn't see how an upgrade could have caused those loops to drop into oblivion, so I looked through everything I could think of (did I change it to a Rack Gizmo instead of Effects Gizmo, no.) I don't have access to the file till tomorrow, but I'll send it to you then. Thanks for your help and outstanding support. It's beyond the Gold Standard.

Got it! The CC range for 9-12 had been changed from default. I built the data using the default range, but didn't test it before upgrading. Operator error. My thanks, as always, Ron.

I have to be careful about making changes when I got no sleep the night before. One other thing cropped up, which I can work around, if needed: I have an IA button for Loop 6 (dipper) assigned to an external switch (which doesn't exist). It works when I switch the loop using that "switch" in a preset (40 -Dipper) I also have it in a switch on a local page (47 - Pedal board), but is doesn't work there. IA link is on in both locations.
No problem! Glad to hear it was an easy fix.

Attachments

• Mono monster w pedalboard v2.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
The "Dipper" button in preset 47 is set to send CC#6, and not to control Loop #6 (which is CC #85) - check out the actions for both buttons and you'll see the discrepancy.

Back