MASTERMIND GT FIRMWARE / EDITOR 4.4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a new release for you, with some bug fixes and user requested features. Please test it out if you have the time!

FEATURES:
  • Added "Update Preset Name" button type - pressing this updates the current preset name (and scene names, if applicable) from the connected device (typically Axe-Fx)
  • Support for GFI System pedals: Cabzeus and Specular Tempus. Also support for Strymon Iridium and Chase Bliss Mood
  • Added ability to update device firmware from editor. Only works with devices that have 2.0 bootloader (built June 2019 or later)
  • Tapped in tempos are now preserved when switching presets within a song, if preset tempos are set to Song, or if "Ignore Preset Tempos" is turned on.
  • Added two special values to the ExpPedal action: "Same" does nothing, and "Send" sends the expression pedal's current value again
  • "Decimal Tempo" setting controls whether tempos are displayed with one decimal place or as whole numbers only
  • Added setting to reverse Bank MSB and Bank LSB CCs for incoming bank selection
  • Added sysex message to be able to post a message on the main screen
  • Doing Assign CC of an Axe-Fx III effect block in the editor now automatically adds the "hold to select channel" functionality, like it does on the GT itself. This works when right-clicking on a button in the Buttons tab and selecting "Assign CC" or "Assign Default Buttons".
BUG FIXES:
  • Turning on "Update on Preset Change" on a button will now disable state updates from an Axe-Fx III, like it does on previous models
  • Fixed screen formatting issues in calibrate menu and channel select menu
  • Fixed bug that kept Get Preset Names running after it was cancelled
  • Kemper tuner and tempo now work even if Ignore Incoming CC is turned on
  • Fixed state update of Kemper Reverb button
  • Fixed a bug that prevented long Sysex messages from being sent over USB. (This happened when using more than one Sysex action to build a longer message)
  • Fixed a bug with "Send Off Msgs" group setting
  • Fixed a screen bug that caused scene name to flash
  • Fixed editing of special values in the GT setup menu
  • Fixed Axe-Fx tuner that was off by 1 cent
FIXES FROM BETA RELEASES:
  • Fixed occasional crashes in Update Preset Name
  • Update Preset Name no longer changes the stored page number in the preset
  • Fixed data corruption on button page 10
  • Fixed missing scene name display when using Preset -/+ buttons
  • Fixed warnings when running editor in MacOS Catalina
FIXES IN 4.4.1:
  • Fixed a bug that caused problems if you had normal IA and IA cycle buttons with the same IA ID.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Poll State to interfere with Update Preset Name
FIXES IN 4.4.2:
  • Added Source Audio Collider and Jackson Audio Broken Arrow and Bloom support
  • Fixed scene name appearing in bank selection mode
  • Fixed Copy / Paste buttons in editor so that it works correctly with local button pages
  • Fixed "Swap Pages" so that it swaps IA Cycle data correctly
  • Fixed send of multiple block sysex messages over USB (again)
  • Fixed editing of cycle settings on local page of global preset
  • Fixed tempo flash when MIDI Clock is set to Slave
FIXES IN 4.4.3:
  • Fixed right-click menu bugs in editor
  • Group actions now work correctly on powerup - before, only groups that came up in the "on" state would send their messages. Now, group actions will also send if the group powers up in the "all buttons off" state.
  • Fixed System Setlist Prev and Next actions to skip empty setlists
TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.2 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the two buttons under the main screen.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGT443.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.4.3.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/MMGTEditor-4.4.3.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.3.pdf (update coming soon)

Editor Manual (not updated for 4.4 yet): http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki

Last edited:
Well, I found a bug already... The Update Preset Name button type is not available in the editor, you can only select it when editing on the GT itself. Make sure that, once you select the Update Preset Names button type, you also specify which device the button affects.

Installing the firmware (using hardware setup) freezes on the logo screen.

First the message "preparing memory" appears, then the progress bar runs, then the logo screen appears (4.4beta1) and freezes.

No problem, restoring 4.3 worked.

Installing the firmware (using hardware setup) freezes on the logo screen.

First the message "preparing memory" appears, then the progress bar runs, then the logo screen appears (4.4beta1) and freezes.

No problem, restoring 4.3 worked.

I'm not seeing that here, can you send me your settings?

Editor beta 2 is now available. It fixes the missing "Update Preset Name" button type. I also decided to sneak in support for the Chase Bliss Mood

Hi Ron, I have loaded 4.4beta2 and I found 2 things:
1) The Update Preset Name works for the Preset Name, but it doesn't update the Scene Name. Is it possible to do this as well please?
2) When I pressed my button that runs Update Preset Name, my GT22 stopped displaying the Scene Name on my Main screen. I have tried to get this back by ticking/unticking the Show Scene Names but this doesn't work.

I have attached my system file for you in case you want it.

EDIT: The Update Preset Name button is on Page 2, top row.

Many thanks,

Adrian.

Attachments

• RJM_GT22_4.4_15112019_V01.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi Ron, I have loaded 4.4beta2 and I found 2 things:
1) The Update Preset Name works for the Preset Name, but it doesn't update the Scene Name. Is it possible to do this as well please?
2) When I pressed my button that runs Update Preset Name, my GT22 stopped displaying the Scene Name on my Main screen. I have tried to get this back by ticking/unticking the Show Scene Names but this doesn't work.

I have attached my system file for you in case you want it.

EDIT: The Update Preset Name button is on Page 2, top row.

Many thanks,

Adrian.

Update Preset Name takes its settings from Get Preset Names - make sure that Get Scenes (and Create Songs, if you're using songs) is turned on in the Get Preset Names screen.

Update Preset Name takes its settings from Get Preset Names - make sure that Get Scenes (and Create Songs, if you're using songs) is turned on in the Get Preset Names screen.

Thanks Ron, that works beautifully! Those settings must have reset when I updated.

Ok, having played with it some more I have found it sometimes hangs on my GT. The main display is slightly different for each time it hangs, I had rebooted the GT between the screenshots. I basically push the button (Update Preset Names on page 2) and it works the first time, then hangs when you push it again. The only way out is to disconnect the USB and reboot the GT.

Oddly I still cannot get Scene Names to show on the main display, but the Update Preset Name updates the Scene names in my lower row perfectly.

FWIW - Axe-Edit is not running at the same time either which might cause interference

Attachments

• IMG_4601.JPG
    IMG_4601.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4602.JPG
    IMG_4602.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • RJM_GT22_4.4_15112019_V02.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Ok, having played with it some more I have found it sometimes hangs on my GT. The main display is slightly different for each time it hangs, I had rebooted the GT between the screenshots. I basically push the button (Update Preset Names on page 2) and it works the first time, then hangs when you push it again. The only way out is to disconnect the USB and reboot the GT.

Oddly I still cannot get Scene Names to show on the main display, but the Update Preset Name updates the Scene names in my lower row perfectly.

And my Flash with Tempo (Tap Tempo) button is not flashing, but the tap definitely works.

FWIW - Axe-Edit is not running either.

Hmmm, the built in Get Preset Names appears to be hanging as well. I will go back to 4.3 and check that still works there to see if the issue is on my Axe-FX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back