MASTERMIND GT FIRWARE/EDITOR 4.1 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
4.1 beta 2 is now available for testing. This one includes a ton of fixes and requests, more than the original 4.1 beta had.

FEATURES
  • Scene names are now stored as part of GT presets
  • Axe-Fx III scene numbers can be specified in each GT preset, in addition to the usual preset number
  • Scene buttons are automatically update to display scene names
  • Created a new Get Preset Names option: Create Songs. When selected, will create songs and presets like the previous beta did. When Get Scenes is on and Create Songs is off, the GT will read preset and scene names and store them to presets without creating songs.
  • Get Preset Names remembers its parameters from the last time you used it.
  • Added Display Scene Name option - displays the scene name in the bottom of the main screen
  • Added Scene Menu button type
  • Added Get Preset Names button type - sends you directly to the Get Preset Names setup menu for a particular device
  • Added support for Axe-Fx Controller block
  • 6 channels now allowed on multiplexer, accessible through CCs
  • Added support for Axe-Fx firmware 1.15 beta - looper changes and IR Player blocks
  • Added Strymon Riverside and Sunset support
  • Added Ramble FX Kismet support
BUG FIXES
  • Fixed handling of Looper Once status
  • Fixed Copy Button and Swap Buttons in GT setup menu, they now correctly copy hold functions
  • Fixed bad interaction between Reverse Menus and IA Cycle Menu
  • Fixed occasional loss of channel label on effect buttons
  • Fixed Save Settings and some other menu items
  • Fixed editing of Hold mSec on GT
  • Added missing IA Cycle Menu option in GT menu
  • Brought back missing Sysex action type in editor
  • Added missing Multiplexer 2 block
  • Fixed "fake" CC numbers over 127
  • Fixed tempo button support
  • Allow scenes/song to be set to as many as 8 scenes
  • Fixed issue that caused tuner button to be disabled sometimes
  • Fixed progress bar in Get Preset Names

TO UPDATE FIRMWARE:

PLEASE DON'T DO A MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE RIGHT BEFORE YOUR BIG GIG!

THIS IS BETA FIRMWARE AND WILL LIKELY HAVE BUGS!

- First, back up your settings to a flash drive or computer! If you go back to 4.1b1 or earlier, your GT will factory reset.
- Download and unzip the firmware file.
- Copy the file to a USB flash drive, and remove any other .rjf files from the flash drive.
- Eject the drive from your computer.
- Power on the Mastermind GT while holding the 1 and 3 buttons.
- Keep holding until you see "Mastermind GT Bootloader" appear on the screen.
- Now plug the flash drive into your GT. The update should begin and will take a few minutes to complete.

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Beta/MMGT41B2.zip

Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Beta/MMGTEditor-4.1b2.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Beta/MMGTEditor-4.1b2.zip

Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT/Mastermind GT Manual-4.0.pdf

Editor Manual: http://www.rjmmusic.com/wiki

A video overview is available as well:

Last edited:
Scene names are now stored as part of GT presets
[*]Axe-Fx III scene numbers can be specified in each GT preset, in addition to the usual preset number
[*]Scene buttons are automatically update to display scene names
Great! Just to make sure: is this the "Static" implementation of the two options you described in the 4.1.b1 thread?

Please note: Although I have followed this forum for about 6 months now, I am a new subscriber to it. Living in the Netherlands, very experienced Axe II user, Axe III and GT22 arriving next week. If I do someting against forum rules, please tell me and I will quickly correct. Thx.

Thank you for putting so much effort into this! I have found one strange thing on in the beta2 (I come from beta1 on a GT16). In beta1 I had the "Scenes/Song" set to 6 but now with the Beta2 I followed the instructions in the video and set the "Create Songs" to "off".
When I select a new preset e.g. going from Preset 1 (Scene 1) to e.g. preset 5, then Scene 5 is automatically selected in Preset 5. I.e. the Scene # which is automatically selected when changing preset is corresponding with the Preset #. Furthermore when I select Preset#7, Scene #1 is selected, Preset#8 selects Scene#2 ,i.e.
Preset# n -> Scene n
Preset# n+6 -> Scene n
Preset# n+12 -> Scene n
I have not tried to change the "Scene/song" to another number (currently 6) but I would assume that the "n" then would correspond with the selected number.
Anyone else experiencing this or have I set some parameter(s) wrong? When going back to setting "Create Songs" to "On" and running the GT16 as I did with beta1 everything is fine.

mmgt%20bug.jpg

I have a strange screen with garbage on the LCD's after the update, no color, no preset on main screen, everything was fine with beta 1, did the update as usual, downloaded twice the beta 2 with same results. I can't access the setup menu once this on screen, had to go back to beta 1. Maybe a russian version of the software!

Last edited:
I have a strange screen with garbage on the LCD's after the update, no color, no preset on main screen, everything was fine with beta 1, did the update as usual, downloaded twice the beta 2 with same results. I can't access the setup menu once this on screen, had to go back to beta 1.

Which GT model?

GT16, same thumb drive I only use for these updates. Trying to get it right from a factory reseted beta 1 ATM.

Last edited:
Yes, after a factory reset of beta 1, the 2 went ok. I imported my last settings and it seems that only the brightness of the screens were off. Will check the other features ASAP.

With major firmware upgrades, such as this one, I prefer to start 'fresh', and skip importing to prevent 'leftover' issues.

Last edited:
I have 8 scenes dispatched on the first row, in 5 buttons. Unfortunately if I have not named the scenes in the Axe, the lcd's are blank and no action when pushed. No way to access the not named scenes. Am I missing something?

That's a problem, because you have to make a get scene names everytime you want to use a new scene... It seems that the GT will get the presets in the same order you have them in your Axe. But I don't necessary want them this way, it's losing the midi mapping.

Last edited:
Well, scene names were among the most requested features for the Axe-Fx... ;-)

I often assign a simple number (1-8) to scenes, indicating that a scene has been configured and is ready for use.

But I agree, that it would probably more useful if the scene buttons are always enabled. Maybe populate the empty ones with a generic "scene x" title. If possible.

Last edited:
Yes, I was waiting eagerly for those scene names, but had to go back to beta 1 because of the midi mapping problem I have.
I have ATM 20 personal presets in the 20 first slots of my Axe. I have 25 presets on my GT16 in the first 25 slots of the GT, some are mapped with factory presets in the slots 250 to 500 in the Axe. If I make a "get scene name" from 0 to 25, the GT won't get the presets located in the 250 to 500 slots. If I make a "get scene name" from 0 to 500, the GT will create 500 presets in it! And I don't want to jump so far with banks to reach the one I want!

In fact the GT should look at the Axe preset number that is mapped within the GT preset to get scene names, without creating new presets.
I hope I'm clear with the explanations.

We might be going too off-topic here. But for ordering and quick access presets are not the primary solution. Songs (and setlists) are.
You can execute 0-500, which won't mess with defined songs and setlists, and maintain quick access to those far-away presets.

Keeping GT presets in line with those on the III (consecutive numbering) makes maintenance a lot easier too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back