MASTERMIND GT FIRWARE/EDITOR 4.1 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be possible to create several buttons for one fx block, turning it on and selecting a channel? For instance:

-Drive2 byp + channel a
-Drive2 byp + channel b
-Drive2 byp + channel c

I'd love to be able to do this, and still have the GT sync the button status. Right now this is impossible, correct?

I have presets with three different drive sounds which do not stack, so I set them up as channels of one drive block to save CPU. Having individual buttons to acces those sounds on the fly would be great (without having to use the hold function to select them).

Last edited:
BUG

My Axe FX doesn't respond well to the messages being sent by the GT when I'm running axe edit. For instance, I press on the drive 2 button, it engages the drive. Then I press again but the drive is still engaged. Other times it works fine, seems random. I've removed my midi merger and phantom box from the setup, so there's a direct connection between the Axe FX and GT (two midi cables), but it doesn't help. Without running axe edit it's fine.

You can set 2 actions on 1 IA switch:
• Drive1 cc#118 off:0 on:127
• Drive1 cc#118 off:none on 1 (will select A channel, put 2 for B, 3 for C, 4 for D)

Axe-Edit don't always react to incoming data, problem known coming from Axe-Edit (dixit Ron) Avoid using the GT when Axe-Edit is connected.

Axe-Edit don't always react to incoming data, problem known coming from Axe-Edit (dixit Ron) Avoid using the GT when Axe-Edit is connected.
Thanks for your reply. That's good to know. Hopefully this will be resolved in the future. With the basic setup I had before the extended implementation (using regular cc's) the two worked fine together.

You can set 2 actions on 1 IA switch:
• Drive1 cc#118 off:0 on:127
• Drive1 cc#118 off:none on 1 (will select A channel, put 2 for B, 3 for C, 4 for D)
Does this work for you? I just tried again, and over here it only changes the channel, not the bypass state. (axe edit disconnected of course)

If it did, the button synching wouldn't work the way I would like it to though, because it only looks at the first command. If I were to create those three buttons, on a preset with the drive block activated, all three buttons would light up.

I don't have my GT to test, but it should work. You can put those different A B C D switches in a group (global page), so only one will light up.

Yes, they’re in a group already, still all light up.
I don't have my GT to test, but it should work. You can put those different A B C D switches in a group (global page), so only one will light up.

Thanks for your reply. That's good to know. Hopefully this will be resolved in the future. With the basic setup I had before the extended implementation (using regular cc's) the two worked fine together.

Does this work for you? I just tried again, and over here it only changes the channel, not the bypass state. (axe edit disconnected of course)

If it did, the button synching wouldn't work the way I would like it to though, because it only looks at the first command. If I were to create those three buttons, on a preset with the drive block activated, all three buttons would light up.

If it don't work you can put only the channel selecting in the IA settings, delete the on/off action for the drive, than go to the button groups, select the one you choose for your drive channels, check allow all buttons off, click add action, action: cc toggle, put cc#118 on:127 off:0

All in the SAME group?
Yes

If it don't work you can put only the channel selecting in the IA settings, delete the on/off action for the drive, than go to the button groups, select the one you choose for your drive channels, check allow all buttons off, click add action, action: cc toggle, put cc#118 on:127 off:0
Good idea! Still doesn't work though, unfortunately. The buttons only change the channel. I'm guessing sending two values of the same cc number just isn't going to work, I could be wrong. Thanks for thinking along!

I'm not with my GT ATM, but I'm wondering why it wouldn't work. Remember that the CC's in the GT are converted to sysex to talk to Axe-FX III. It's also still a beta version. Maybe Ron or Alexander will chime in! I keep an eye on the topic.

Reactions: Jop
I can see why you want several switches to switch between channels of the same block, directly. Haven’t tried this myself yet.

Grouping may work but it will be complicated because it involves a single block. You’d have to adjust the group settings in the global settings at the least.

Yeah, I got the switching of the channels on different buttons to work. Bypassing the block at the same time poses a problem if I use the same cc for bypassing as for the channels. If I use another cc for the channels it works.

But then the second part of my question, which is a feature request I guess: it would be amazing to have the buttons correspond to fx state in the axe fx as wel. So the three buttons would be:
-Drive2 byp + channel a
-Drive2 byp + channel b
-Drive2 byp + channel c

When the effect block is bypassed all buttons are off. When the effect block is unbypassed, and on channel A the first button is active. When the block is unbypassed, and on channel B the second button is active. And so on. That would be very handy!

Could it be possible to create several buttons for one fx block, turning it on and selecting a channel? For instance:

-Drive2 byp + channel a
-Drive2 byp + channel b
-Drive2 byp + channel c

I'd love to be able to do this, and still have the GT sync the button status. Right now this is impossible, correct?

I have presets with three different drive sounds which do not stack, so I set them up as channels of one drive block to save CPU. Having individual buttons to acces those sounds on the fly would be great (without having to use the hold function to select them).

These won't update status from the Axe-Fx, but if you turn on Update on Preset Change and set all three buttons to the same group, they will work to select the channel. Make sure that "Send off messages" is turned off for the group.

BUG

My Axe FX doesn't respond well to the messages being sent by the GT when I'm running axe edit. For instance, I press on the drive 2 button, it engages the drive. Then I press again but the drive is still engaged. Other times it works fine, seems random. I've removed my midi merger and phantom box from the setup, so there's a direct connection between the Axe FX and GT (two midi cables), but it doesn't help. Without running axe edit it's fine.

This is an Axe-Fx/Axe Edit issue as far as I can tell. I've reported this to Cliff. Are you running a Mac or PC?

These won't update status from the Axe-Fx, but if you turn on Update on Preset Change and set all three buttons to the same group, they will work to select the channel. Make sure that "Send off messages" is turned off for the group.
Thanks. Could you confirm it isn't possible to create an IA button with both FX Bypass and Channel cc messages for a single block? That would mean sending two values of the same cc#.
I can only get it to work if I manually create an extra cc message for the channel selection.

Thanks. Could you confirm it isn't possible to create an IA button with both FX Bypass and Channel cc messages for a single block? That would mean sending two values of the same cc#.
I can only get it to work if I manually create an extra cc message for the channel selection.

You should be able to do it if you turn on Direct Send CCs/PCs for the Axe=Fx III in device settings. (I haven't tried it, but it should work)

Reactions: Jop
Final 4.1.0 release is now available. Be sure to update to update to Axe-Fx firmware 1.15 when you update your GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back