MIDI signals always sending Chase Bliss pedals

franktree

I'm using the Mastermind PBC with two Chase Bliss pedals, the Blooper and the Mood. MIDI control of these pedals with the PBC generally works great. But there's one thing I've noticed that's a constant frustration. When I switch from one preset to another, it always sends a MIDI signal to the Chase Bliss pedals, causing them to stop whatever it is they were doing on the prior preset. This is the case even if I have them checked off in the editor app, so that no MIDI signal should be being sent to them.

Have others noticed this? Is there a way to fix this problem? For example, I'd like to be able to run a loop in the Blooper via one preset, and then switch to a different preset with the loop continuing to play, instead of automatically being turned off (which is what happens whenever I switch presets because the Blooper is sent a MIDI signal regardless).

You probably have one or more IA buttons that are set up to send messages to the pedal(s) and those buttons have Send on Preset Change turned on. If this is turned on, the button will send its message(s) every time you change presets.

That did the trick. Thank you! To make sure I understand, any IA, anywhere (even on a different page) that sends any information to given pedal (for example, the Blooper), that has the "Send on Preset Change" checked, is going to send a signal to that pedal anytime I change presets. Is that right? So I could have that setting checked on for IAs that don't talk to the Blooper at all, right?

Could you say anything about when I might want to have Send on Preset Change checked on? What are the situations where it makes sense to use?

That did the trick. Thank you! To make sure I understand, any IA, anywhere (even on a different page) that sends any information to given pedal (for example, the Blooper), that has the "Send on Preset Change" checked, is going to send a signal to that pedal anytime I change presets. Is that right? So I could have that setting checked on for IAs that don't talk to the Blooper at all, right?

Could you say anything about when I might want to have Send on Preset Change checked on? What are the situations where it makes sense to use?
Yes, correct, every button on every page that has Send & Update on Preset Change turned on will send its messages every time you change presets.

These settings give you additional programmability. The original intent was for use with our effect switchers like the Mini Effect Gizmo and Effect Gizmo. You would assign IA buttons that control each loop on the switcher, each of which switches on a specific effect. That's great by itself, you have direct access to each loop. But, if you want the loops to switch automatically when you change presets, you can turn on Send and Update on Preset Change. When you do this, you can program those buttons to turn on or off for each preset, so that the buttons automatically change to the desired state when you select a preset - and the loop switcher automatically switches your effects on or off accordingly.

This also works for other cases, such as with MIDI enabled effects. You can use IA buttons to turn effects on or off, or select presets on devices.

Back