1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Midi vocal pedals

Discussion in 'PBC General Discussion' started by Jesse Dold, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:42 AM.

1. Jesse Dold

Jesse Dold
    Expand Collapse

Hi there,
    I’ve been a PBC 10 Mastermind user for 8 months and I LOVE it. I made the right choice. I have a huge setup, and this thing changed my life. I do all guitar tone changes with my left foot, and I also run bass and synth with my right foot on continuous control midi organ-style floor units. It’s crazy fun. Bass and synth are not tied into the PBC in any way.
    However, I would also like to change my vocal effects on the fly with midi. And I would like it to be tied in with my midi guitar changes. I bought the Boss VE-500 because it is midi capable, and I was hoping I could tie it into the PBC 10 for program changes. It won’t be in any loops. Just simply chained in with midi so that I can have my vocal effect change with each guitar tone change if I want. Has anyone tried this? Would it be possible?
    Thanks so much, and I love your product!!
    -Jesse

2. Jesse Dold

Jesse Dold
    Expand Collapse

This is a pic of my setup, btw

Attached Files:

3. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I haven't used one myself, but there shouldn't be an issue. MIDI based effects all work pretty much the same, regardless of what they're used for.

4. Jesse Dold

Jesse Dold
    Expand Collapse

I appreciate your reply. There is obviously no preset in the PBC for any vocal processor. So I start from scratch and create my own midi device? I haven't done this yet. I will try to look into other forum posts for this.

5. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, just set it up as a Generic device, and you can set it up manually.