MMGT FIRMWARE VERSON 2.3.1 / EDITOR 2.3.2

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Version 2.3.1 is a minor update that improves syncing with Axe-Fx and Kemper KPA. We've greatly improved scene control on the Axe-Fx, and fixed things with the Kemper to work with Kemper 3.0 firmware. It now synchronizes much better with Performance mode.

Also, we've added a "Sync Names" parameter to Axe-Fx and Kemper devices. When this is turned on, it will automatically update the preset names in the GT with preset names in the Axe-Fx or Kemper. This happens as the presets are selected on the GT.

Some specifics for each device:

Axe-Fx:
The Axe-Fx only sends preset names for the currently selected preset, so the names will only update when you select each preset on the GT. So, when you start the GT up after installing this update (and turning on Sync Names), preset 1's name will update to match what's on the Axe-Fx. The other presets will not update their names until you select preset 2, preset 3, etc.

Kemper (Browse Mode):
The Kemper Browse Mode support works exactly like the Axe-Fx above.

Kemper (Performance Mode):
Performance mode updates one performance (aka bank) at a time. As you press bank up and bank down, the five presets in each performance will have their names updated.

Once you've enabled this and downloaded your preset names, you probably should read your settings into the editor to preserve those newly downloaded preset names.

UPDATE 4/8/2015 - Fixed some bugs in the editor that affected IA buttons, especially those that are grouped.

DOWNLOADS:

Firmware: http://www.rjmmusic.com/downloads/MMGT231.zip
Mac Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-2.3.2.dmg
PC Editor: http://www.rjmmusic.com/software/MMGTEditor-2.3.2.zip

Re: MMGT FIRMWARE VERSON 2.3.1

Working fine.

One question: scene buttons (Axe-Fx) need to have IA Link tuned on. Otherwise none of the scene switches are lit.
Why is that? I only use scene buttons in IA Mode.

You're right - I probably shouldn't have it require IA Link to be turned on. It should be consistent with how the effect IAs work.

Just updated the editor to 2.3.2 - fixed some issues with setting the state of grouped IA buttons.

I just discovered a small display bug in v2.3.1. If I click on the Preset Menu, and then select the current preset (i.e. I don't actually change preset because I hit the preset menu by mistake). In the main menu it will still say "Select a Preset" eventhough a preset was just selected. Selecting any other preset will work as expected, not just selecting the same preset.

Hi Ron, I'd like to put in a request.

I often add some info to my preset titles. Like 'stereo only' and such.
This info doesn't need to be displayed in the GT's preset buttons.
So it'd be great if the GT could be instructed not to process the remainder of a preset title, after encountering a certain character in the name. Just like the backslash character tells the GT to wrap around to the next line.

Possible?

I also came across a bug. I had a Bank Down switch with a secondary Hold function (IA > System > Preset). Using the hardware I swapped this button with my IA Mode button, at which point the Hold function disappeared.

Alexander said:

So it'd be great if the GT could be instructed not to process the remainder of a preset title, after encountering a certain character in the name. Just like the backslash character tells the GT to wrap around to the next line.

Possible.

Yeah, I'd like this as well. It would also be really cool if only the extra text could be scaled, sort of how the IA screens scale from big to small, so we could have the big preset name, and smaller describing text underneath?

Alexander said:

Possible?

I also came across a bug. I had a Bank Down switch with a secondary Hold function (IA > System > Preset). Using the hardware I swapped this button with my IA Mode button, at which point the Hold function disappeared.

Yes, that's possible. I will look into that for the next release. Will look at the hold function issue, too.

GT firmware 2.3.3 now available! I managed to squeeze in the fix for the Preset Menu mentioned above.

Back