Multiple Mono To Stereo Pedals - Wiring Help

facon

I have a couple pedals that have mono inputs with stereo outputs. I would like to set them both up and was wondering what the best way to approach this is. I never use these pedals with mono in/stereo out (chorus and phaser) at the same time. It's one or the other. Here's my plan:

7 - Phaser - mono in/stereo out
8 - Chorus - mono in/stereo out
9 - Delay - stereo in/stereo out
10 - Reverb - stereo in/stereo out

I would also like to be able to bypass both the phaser and chorus, while still having a split stereo signal sent to the delay and reverb. To accomplish this, would I leave the mono -> stereo switch in the "out" position and use a TRS with the rings disconnected on the sends of 7 and 8? Or could I use a standard TS plug instead? Any issues with this setup that I'm not considering?

As long as you're not using the phaser and chorus at the same time, you'll be ok.

Make sure Mono -> Stereo is in the Out position. This will insure that you have a stereo (or dual mono) dry signal at all times.

Then, standard TS cables can be used for the Phaser and Chorus pedal inputs. Everything else should be TRS to 2xTS insert cables.

With that setup, everything should work as expected.

Back