1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My GT/22 Setup for the Axe-Fx III

Discussion in 'GT General Discussion' started by iaresee, May 30, 2019.

1. betweenus

betweenus
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for sharing, this is very helpful.
    Keep up de great work

iaresee likes this.
  2. Grant Mader

Grant Mader
    Expand Collapse

Great stuff Ian!

3. iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

Another update? Sure!

I've started using global blocks in my Axe-Fx III pretty heavily. I run a "kitchen sink" effects setup around different AMP/CAB combinations. This has been helpful for trying out different AMP/CAB pairs from Austin Buddy's naked amps pack in live situations. I get the new AMP/CAB sounds, but all my effects are the same so I'm not totally lost, live.

My kitchen sink setup with globals looks like this:

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 8.34.41 PM.png

All those blocks with aquablue dots on them are global blocks -- if I change that block in this preset, the changes are reflected across every preset that also uses this global block in it.

The cool thing about having this ultra-consistent layout in use on my gigging presets is I can (finally!) name the channels on my various effects blocks as they're always the same settings from preset to preset! Fantastic, right?

Here's what my GT/22 setup looks like now:

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 8.38.04 PM.png

The really big difference is that my channels are NAMED! Hooray! When I hold down on an effects IA to change the channel this is what I see:

Screen Shot 2019-09-14 at 8.38.11 PM.png
    Each channel gets friendly name like "Klon" or "Kot" or "TS Light" which makes selecting what I want so much easier. I don't have to remember what Channel 1 was setup to be -- I named it! Now I know!

For my non-kitchen sink presets, I'll probably put togehter some generic pages that don't have the channels named. Basically, duplicate my first two pages but without the names, just because I can and I have all that page space in the GT/22. Why not, right?

This has been one of the biggest quality of life improvements in my gigging setup in a long time.

You can get my latest GT/22 setup here: http://j.mp/2FlXcs3 -- that's current as of Jan 2, 2020 and was made with firmware 4.4.1.

In addition to the named channels, you'll see a few other tweaks. There's a page specifically designed for working with Austin Buddy's Naked Amps pack -- it has switches on it that can be used to turn on/off settings on the AMP block as well as change the AMP and CAB block channels for both (AMP|CAB)[1,2] blocks. You'll need to map some midi on the III for this page to work 100%.

Enjoy!

#23 iaresee, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Alexander, AdrianG and DeeCee like this.
  4. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

5. AdrianG

AdrianG
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Ian! Weirdly your images are not showing up on my Mac (I haven't tried a PC with IE yet). I can see the images from your first post in this thread but not the latest post.

6. iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

They were embedded using URLs from the Fractal forum -- I just replaced them with images uploaded to this forum software. Can you see them now?

AdrianG likes this.
  7. AdrianG

AdrianG
    Expand Collapse

Yessir! Thanks for doing that! And for all your useful help and guidance!!

iaresee likes this.
  8. zedhed

zedhed
    Expand Collapse

Hey thanks very much for sharing this....I'm going to load it up and see how it goes.
    Cheers!