Need help with RG 16 midi CC

Hi there,

I have a G System and an RG16.

I have the send of loop 6 of the RG16 connected to my return loop of my amp so i can use it as a mute for tuning. My tuner out is plugged in the Pitch Black Pro tuner.

i have setup my G system boost switch to change loop 6 (CC 85) on and off. But my problem is that the loop 6 is always off when i change patches, i need to hit the boost to activate it (Have sound). I need the reverse effect, the loop needs to be on all the time as when i hit the boost, it turns it off so i can tune silently.

I know CC messages from 0-63 turns a loop off and 64-127 turns it on but how do i go about changing that?

What do i need to do to have the loop 6 always on and then off when i hit the boost button?

I hope i explained my problem correctly here, not used to MIDI that much.

Thanks

Chris

How about plug the return into the output of 6. When you engage 6, it will "dead end" to the send, and mute the output.

Using the output will be a little tricky - you need to plug a grounded plug into the loop's return to prevent the signal from coming out when the loop turns on. However, the return jacks don't have a ground on the RG-16, so you'd have to make a special cable that connects to the return jack to a ground on one of the other RG-16 jacks.

To get the same end result, all you have to do is invert the loop. Power up the RG-16 while holding the Audio Loop 2 button. After the lights flash, release 2 and press audio loop 6 to light it. Press the Write button. Now, the loop will be on when the loop 6 button is off and vice-versa. That will fix the problem.

Rack Gizmo return jacks have grounds. You can get them to mute by plugging in a 1/4-inch plug that has the tip connected to ground.

Back