*NEVERMIND SOLVED*Need help getting GT16 to activate Stack/Hold on FM3

I'm trying to set up have one of the buttons on the GT16 to activate the Stack/Hold function in the FM3's Delay and Reverb blocks. I thought it would be simple and I would just choose External 2 as the source in FM3Edit for the Stack/Hold and then in MMGTEditor have the button do a CC Toggle action for the FM3 Ext Ctrl2, but nope. It doesn't activate it at all with the Stack/Hold staying off.

The reason I want to use External 2 is because I have External 1 set to an expression pedal, which works with no problems. I can even get the Stack/hold to work if I set it to Ext Ctrl1 for the FM3, but I want to activate the Stack/Hold with a button on the GT16 and not an expressional pedal nor an external TRS switch on the GT16 or FM3.

I've been wasting an hour trying to figure this out and I'm sure that the solution will take seconds to make it happen.

Nevermind I figured it out. If you're reading this, sorry for wasting your time.
I might suggest you also include the resolution, if you can make the time. This can help future users that run into the same issue(s).

Cheers,
Lee

That
I might suggest you also include the resolution, if you can make the time. This can help future users that run into the same issue(s).

Cheers,
Lee
That's a good point.

The solution that took seconds to figure out was that I did everything correctly with MMGTEditor. What I forgot to do was on my actual FM3 unit was to set the External 2 to MIDI CC#12, which is what the default CC number is for when you choose the FM3 Ext Ctrl2 thing when editing your buttons. Because I hadn't done that, when I was in FM3Edit setting the Stack/Hold Source 1 to External 2 it didn't have anything set for External 2 on the unit itself so it didn't know what to do when it was receiving MIDI CC#12.

So I went to the unit itself and went Setup -> MIDI/Remote -> page right several times to External, and from there I set External2 to CC#12.

I think in theory you could set any CC number you want as long as you're consistent on both devices. I just went ahead and used the default suggestion.

In the future I know if I want to set External 3-16 to a MIDI CC#, then I have to also set that up in the FM3 device itself as well.

Back