New MEGs?

Any updates on the MEG refresh? I'm working with a client to design a pretty massive rig, and he really wants to get a few of these on the build.

The delays keep piling on (May now?) but we're quite close now. Waiting for some prototypes to be built, which will hopefully be the last, then we can finally get to production.

While waiting for the prototype hardware, I'm happy to report I was able to get a "bonus feature" working - the Mini Effect Gizmo X will act as a tuner if used with a Mastermind GT, LT or PBC. It does the actual analysis and sends the results to the Mastermind for display, same as an Axe-Fx or Kemper. Similarly, you need a bidirectional connection between the two products, which can be two cables or a single 5 pin or 7 pin MIDI cable.

We're looking at the end of June now, a lot of the parts are on the way here and we should be able to start the build in a week or so.

We're having a terrible time sourcing all of the parts, allegedly we'll have them all in a couple of days, then we can actually start building, which will take around 3 weeks.

We're having a terrible time sourcing all of the parts, allegedly we'll have them all in a couple of days, then we can actually start building, which will take around 3 weeks.
Thank you for the update! I'm sorry for your sourcing troubles, sounds like such a head ache. So pumped to add a few of these to my new rig build.

Welcome to 2021. Electronic supply chains are upside down.

Welcome to 2021. Electronic supply chains are upside down.
Yeah, it's crazy, never seen anything like this. We're fortunate in a way that we're such a small company, we don't need the large quantities that others do. We're spending a lot of time searching globally and buying up whatever we can find.

Back