newbw question

Hebaton

O.K. just got a PBC10 and, well, I am lost. One question I have is : If I setup the unit as ABY instead of Stereo, do I still get stereo effects when both amps are on ?
Also, IS there a way to have effects from 7 to 10 sent to an effects loop in certain pre-sets AND in front of the amps in others ?

I am reading the manual but, honestly, it seems to be written for people with more knowledge of Midi for one thing that I ever thought I would need...
I expect more reading and experimentation will make things easier, yet I would appreciate help in getting started here... any one ?

O.K. just got a PBC10 and, well, I am lost. One question I have is : If I setup the unit as ABY instead of Stereo, do I still get stereo effects when both amps are on ?
Also, IS there a way to have effects from 7 to 10 sent to an effects loop in certain pre-sets AND in front of the amps in others ?

I am reading the manual but, honestly, it seems to be written for people with more knowledge of Midi for one thing that I ever thought I would need...
I expect more reading and experimentation will make things easier, yet I would appreciate help in getting started here... any one ?
If you're set up for ABY, that implies mono. You will get sounds out of both amps (when both are activated), but your effects will come out mono - same sound out of both amps.

There's very little difference between ABY and stereo in the PBC/10, and it's all about Output B or the right output. When the Mono Output switch on the rear is pushed in, the same (mono) signal is sent to both the A and B outputs. When the Mono Output is not pushed in, the right side of the stereo signal from the effects is sent to the B output.

You can switch either output on or off at any time, regardless of whether you're running ABY or stereo.

The PBC/10 doesn't do loop reordering so you can't move a loop from one location to another. Some effects, like the Eventide H9 and Strymon Mobius can be configured Pre/Post, where you can put half of the effect in front of the amp and the other half in the amp's loop. That will take up two loops on the PBC, and will be mono only, but will allow you to use it in front or in the loop.

There are instructions on wiring stereo pedals in the PBC manual and also in this forum (at the top). It's really important that you follow them and use the special cables listed in order for everything to work well.

I did this series of videos that hopefully will help some. They're long, but there's a lot of information in there:

And, if you have other questions, you can definitely ask them here.

ITHank you , I know I have a lot of reading and experimenting to do. I am starting to think I should have gone Gismo + GT. well, to late for that and PBC10 does offer a lot, It just semm the other option would hae been simpler to configure.

Back