1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PBC6X / Meris Pedals / Nixie / MIDI Forwarding or MIDI Out

Discussion in 'PBC General Discussion' started by Thomas Hopton, Oct 12, 2019 at 2:32 PM.

1. Thomas Hopton

Thomas Hopton
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I'm currently running a Timeline to Meris Mercury 7 via MIDI to my PBC 6X. I run MIDI Out from the Timeline to the M7 by use of a 5 PIN MIDI to TRS for the Meris. I've been looking at Meris PC interfaces that developers have created so you can manage presets, just like Nixie for Strymon. Is the PBC capable of sending the MIDI Out that the Meris needs to interface with a PC via the PBC USB?
    I haven't been able to get my Nixie to read my Timeline via USB either. I have MIDI Forwarding and Biodirectional MIDI engaged on the PBC.

Currently, the only way I know to connect a Meris to a computer is via their MIDI I/O and a Roland UM-ONE. So, I'm essentially wondering if the PBC USB can communicate with either Nixie or Meris Interfaces.

Thanks!
    (I absolutely love the PBC6X by the way, it's an incredible powerhouse - thank you so much for creating it)

2. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

A Timeline pedal needs both the input and the output connected to the PBC in order to communicate with Nixe. You need to split the PBC/6X into a MIDI input and an output using a cable like this:

https://btpa.com/GMIDIY1-II.html?category_id=138

I've never worked with Meris pedals, but I suspect you would need to do something like this to get them all working:

PBC/6X MIDI out to Meris MIDI I/O input
    Meris MIDI I/O output to Timeline MIDI input
    Timeline MIDI output to PBC/6X MIDI input
    MIDI I/O TRS to pedal TRS MIDI input

Make sure "MIDITH" is set to Merge on the Timeline. There may be a similar setting on the Meris pedal, but I don't know for sure. With MIDI Forwarding turned on in the PBC, you should be able to get communication between computer and pedals using the PBC's USB connection.