Rack Gizmo/RG-16 wet only/dry only

niksa

Hello,
I need help with RG-16/Rack Gizmo for making foot-switchable dry kill or wet kill with line mixer. I don't have any of mentioned devices to experiment so I need some help.
I just need wiring example for simple setup with preamp, fx, RJM mini mixer and poweramp and with that I can manage to expand the system with other devices.

That diagram gets you most of the way there, although you will need to make a little change to get a kill dry switch.

The key to using a Rack Gizmo for a parallel system is how you use the loops. If you connect to a loop's send to an effect and leave the return open, then the loop effectively becomes a programmable splitter - when the loop is on, the signal is sent out of the send jack. The dry signal will always be sent on to the next loop regardless of whether or not the loop is on. The last two loops in the diagram are set up this way. The dry signal is sent to the mixer without going through its own loop, so it is not switchable.

So, to get fully switchable wet and dry sends, you need to do something like this:

Loop 5 send -> effect 1 input
Effect 1 output -> line mixer
Loop 6 send -> effect 2 input
Effect 2 output -> line mixer
Loop 7 send -> effect 3 input
Effect 3 output -> line mixer
Loop 8 send -> line mixer (dry signal)

(Also remember to connect each loop's output to the next loop's input!)

That will give you three wet sends and one dry send.

I've heard stories about RJM but now I can tell stories that RJM is the best company out there ;)

I've been drawing diagram for expanding my gear so I needed information about wiring. So, there is the diagram so please comment it or even better correct my mistakes (if any) :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Rig 2011.pdf
    87.7 KB · Views: 196
Very nice! That diagram looks good to me - seems like you've thought it out very well.

Back