RJM Mini Line Mixer questions

EVHGuy1111

1. Will they be produced again, they are currently discontinued and none are on the used secondary market.

2. What is the best way to route the MLM (or any line mixer) with a slaved Wet/Dry system?

My system currently is a mono system but I will be updrading it to a Wet/Dry system:

Guitar >
MEGX (Split mono effects with a split loop running into the Effects Loop of the slaved amp)
EVH 515OIII 5Ow (Master) will have effects in the front of the amp from the MEGX)
EVH 515OIII 5Ow (Slave) will have wet effects from the MEGX in the Effects Loop Return)
MMLT Foot Switcher (for controlling rig)

For this type of a rig, where would I put a line mixer to allow for natural decay when switching between presets/pedal-combinations/etc.?
The rig has to be slaved because slaving EVH amps allows for precise Tone/EQ control and manual volume control (this way I won't have to match the Tones/EQ and can just mix the presence of the Wet and Dry amps with volume controls).

What would be the way I need to go about routing to allow for trails?

Last edited:
The Mini Line Mixer, as it was, is never coming back. There is a replacement in the works, which will be announced in the next few weeks.

For your wet effects, you would need to split the signal coming from the master amp. One branch would go to the MEGX input, the other to a line mixer input. The effect inputs would connect to MEGX sends. The effect outputs do not connect to the MEGX returns, but rather the line mixer inputs. The line mixer output then goes to the slave amp's return.

The Mini Line Mixer, as it was, is never coming back. There is a replacement in the works, which will be announced in the next few weeks.

For your wet effects, you would need to split the signal coming from the master amp. One branch would go to the MEGX input, the other to a line mixer input. The effect inputs would connect to MEGX sends. The effect outputs do not connect to the MEGX returns, but rather the line mixer inputs. The line mixer output then goes to the slave amp's return.
Perfect!

I'm budgetting out everything I need to upgrade my rig to a Wet/Dry Rig and knowing what I need and how to route it will save me a lot of headache and MoNiE$ down the road I'm sure!

I'll be on the lookout for the Mini-Line-Mixer's replacement. I'll be ONE OF THE FIRST CUSTOMERS! :D

RJM ROCKS!!!!!

Any idea when the Mini Line Mixer replacement is going to be announced? I'm chomping at the bit to hear about it and get it for my rig!

:D

I ran into some technical issues that set us back. Hopefully less than a month now.

I don't think we're going to start a waiting list, there will be plenty to go around. I hope to have a web page up fairly soon.

I don't think we're going to start a waiting list, there will be plenty to go around. I hope to have a web page up fairly soon.
Please share some info about the product. I’m needing something very soon (today ) for a Royal Blood-type multi-amp pedalboard build.

4 inputs (3 wet, 1 dry), 1 mix output. There's also a buffered dry output. Stereo ins and outs using TRS jacks. The dry input is configurable for mono or stereo. There's a level control for the dry signal, and another level control that adjusts all the wet signals as a group.

It's labeled as such because one of the main uses for this is a parallel or wet/dry/wet system, and the inputs are set up for that purpose.

The dry input is intended to be connected to your amp's effect loop send or line output. It has a buffer, and it also has a dry output that is just a buffered version of the input. The dry input has its own level control.

The wet inputs are intended to be connected to the outputs of your wet effects (delay, reverb, etc.) There's one level control that controls the outputs of all the wet effects.

You can still use this mixer in other applications, the only thing that would be potentially limiting is that there are only 2 level controls (one for one input, and one for the other three).

Gotchya. This might not be the tool for me. I need something like an pedalboard mounted eight channel mixer. My goal is to have four stereo “amps” (Bass, Gtr1, Gtr2, Gtr3) mixed down to stereo so I can send a stereo feed to FOH. It would have been wonderful to have everything on the pedalboard. This is for when we have guest or house engineers who don’t know our mix. For gigs where we run our own sound, we’d just use our own mixer.
I’ve got a Helix floor, HX Stomp, Quad Cortex, Strymon Iridium, Pogs and a gazillion other effects.

Gotchya. This might not be the tool for me. I need something like an pedalboard mounted eight channel mixer. My goal is to have four stereo “amps” (Bass, Gtr1, Gtr2, Gtr3) mixed down to stereo so I can send a stereo feed to FOH. It would have been wonderful to have everything on the pedalboard. This is for when we have guest or house engineers who don’t know our mix. For gigs where we run our own sound, we’d just use our own mixer.
I’ve got a Helix floor, HX Stomp, Quad Cortex, Strymon Iridium, Pogs and a gazillion other effects.
Yeah, this probably isn't what you need.

Back