So, the Axe FX 3 was Announced

First post here... and a prospective RJM user! I'll be watching this thread more intensely than I anticipated.

Newbie here as well. Watching this thread closely too to see how this works out with the Axe 3.

I'm debating between a GT/22 or Fractal's FC-12...

I wish I could do something, but I'm 100% dependent on Fractal. Without the protocol information, I can't even take the first step.

I wish I could do something, but I'm 100% dependent on Fractal. Without the protocol information, I can't even take the first step.
It's a process. We who have been around FAS for a long time know "soon" is a very flexible timetable. I will say, though, that based on your reputation for keeping customers happy and through the recommendations of several on both forums, I ordered a GT/22 this week. So I have a lot of faith that you'll get it done when it's possible. In the meantime, I will be learning all about manual settings on the MMGT!

Yep, Axe-Fx III support is top priority. As soon as the information lands, it's go time. Not sure how long it will take but hopefully only a week or two.

I'm actually quite happy that I was able to get the 4.0 beta out there so I can squash bugs now so I can completely focus on Axe-Fx when it's time.

Thanks for the purchase!

Yep, Axe-Fx III support is top priority. As soon as the information lands, it's go time. Not sure how long it will take but hopefully only a week or two.

I'm actually quite happy that I was able to get the 4.0 beta out there so I can squash bugs now so I can completely focus on Axe-Fx when it's time.

Thanks for the purchase!
Awesome Ron Thank you !!!

I have the fx III and
recently purchased the mastermind 22, I have it selecting presets and turning on and off effects currently. my problem is when I switch presets the effects blocks that were engaged on the previous preset are still lit up on the new preset, but may or may not be on, I have to toggle the effects off before switching presets, Is there a easy solution to fix this.

I have the fx III and
recently purchased the mastermind 22, I have it selecting presets and turning on and off effects currently. my problem is when I switch presets the effects blocks that were engaged on the previous preset are still lit up on the new preset, but may or may not be on, I have to toggle the effects off before switching presets, Is there a easy solution to fix this.

It's what we are all waiting on my friend. 2 way communication.

I have the fx III and

Edit each of the IA buttons, turn on "Update on Preset Change". Then, you can set the state of the buttons in one of two ways:

- In the editor's Presets tab, edit each preset and select which effect blocks are supposed to be on for each preset.
0r
- Select a preset on the GT, then use the effect block buttons to make the buttons match the effect state in the current Axe-Fx preset. Hold the Page / IA Store or IA Store button for 3 seconds to store. Repeat for each preset.

Basically, you're programming the GT buttons to match the effect block state stored in each Axe-Fx preset. If you change something in the Axe-Fx (add a new effect block, or turn a block on or off), you will have to change the GT preset to reflect it.

This is the best we can do until we can implement full support.

FYI:

Firmware 1.09 for the III has added "toggle" functionality for effect blocks.

Instead of having to send a CC # with value "0" to turn a block off, and a CC # with "127" to turn a block on, it suffices to send just the CC # , and the III will change the bypass state of the block to the other state.

This simplifies configuration of the GT and can be enabled in Setup > Global on the III.

FYI:

Firmware 1.09 for the III has added "toggle" functionality for effect blocks.

Instead of having to send a CC # with value "0" to turn a block off, and a CC # with "127" to turn a block on, it suffices to send just the CC # , and the III will change the bypass state of the block to the other state.

This simplifies configuration of the GT and can be enabled in Setup > Global on the III.

Toggle settings can be troublesome because if the controller and Axe-Fx are out of sync, then it's a lot harder to get them back in sync. If your button says "on" but the effect is off, then the two will swap states every time you press the button, without ever getting in sync like they would with normal CC on/off values. With enough preparation beforehand, you can insure they start in sync, but in general I consider this change a bad idea. I'm glad that it's a user configurable setting.

Here's hoping we can get the real fix going soon!

Back