Stepping through AIII Mux Channels with a button press?

iaresee

Setting up the new-to-me GT/22 today. There's a lot to wrap my head around here. I've been unable to figure this one out.

I have a MUX block that I use to select between different rows on the grid. I'd like to define a a switch such that, on every press, it cycles to the next channel on the MUX block, wrapping around from channel F to A at the end.

I'd also reaaalllly like the label and color of the switch to channel on each channel change.

I can see how to do this with a Hold type IA switch, but I'd like to not have to hold and then select the sub-function. I'd just to tap tap tap to cycle channels.

Is that possible?

My thanks in advance for any tips here.

@Alexander what am I doing wrong here? I've set up an IA to step through channels A and B on the MUX1 instance but the IA doesn't seem to impact the state of the MUX1 in the preset. Pressing the switch, it'll quickly flash to the B state and then back to A. On the AFIII there's not noticeable state change on the MUX block.

If I change the MUX1 by hand on the hardware the switch state changes to reflect the new state of the block.

AFIII is 17.00 and GT/22 is 4.2b2

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 1.45.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 1.45.52 PM.png

I’m not sure but you may have put in too few System Step commands.

Just assign the MUX to another button to see what the chain of commands should be.

Just assign the MUX to another button to see what the chain of commands should be.

I'm not sure what you mean, sorry. Is there a way to debug things here I'm probably not aware of?

Possible there's a bug here between 4.2b2 and 17.00 on the AFIII.

This switch setup works for every other block (minus the Plex Delay blocks). But it doesn't work for the MUX1 or MUX2 blocks. I can't change the channels on these blocks with this setup. The blocks stay at Channel A with this setup when assigned to MUX1 or MUX2.

Attaching my complete settings file in case that helps.

Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 3.03.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-07 at 3.03.10 PM.png

Attachments

• First Attempt.rjs.zip
    45.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
There definitively seems to be something broken.

Because my MUX button won't allow me to choose a channel anymore either.

Same for Plex Delay, as you already had discovered.
Same for RingMod.
Same for Looper.

[EDIT: the issue with the other fx is not channel select, but turning them on and off]

These fx are all at the end of RJM's list of assignable stuff.
So it looks like there's a bug in that list somewhere near the end. Or in FAS firmware.

@rjmmusic

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean, sorry. Is there a way to debug things here I'm probably not aware of?

Possible there's a bug here between 4.2b2 and 17.00 on the AFIII.

This switch setup works for every other block (minus the Plex Delay blocks). But it doesn't work for the MUX1 or MUX2 blocks. I can't change the channels on these blocks with this setup. The blocks stay at Channel A with this setup when assigned to MUX1 or MUX2.

Attaching my complete settings file in case that helps.

View attachment 1053 View attachment 1054

Got a question about this. I decided to try this out on my Delay 2 block, using iarsee's settings above in 4.2.1.
And it works great! Right up until Channel C. Then it cycles back to Channel A, in spite of having that fourth step in there of #71 off:None and on:4.

Putting an extra step at the end just pins it at Channel C, so that's clearly not it. Selecting Channel D manually then does update the button to show Step 4, but you can't access it without using the channel knob on the AxeFX. Bug?

Got a question about this. I decided to try this out on my Delay 2 block, using iarsee's settings above in 4.2.1.
And it works great! Right up until Channel C. Then it cycles back to Channel A, in spite of having that fourth step in there of #71 off:None and on:4.

Putting an extra step at the end just pins it at Channel C, so that's clearly not it. Selecting Channel D manually then does update the button to show Step 4, but you can't access it without using the channel knob on the AxeFX. Bug?
IIRC switches only allow for 4 steps on the GT/22. @rjmmusic said something about it being a bit tricky to extend this beyond 4 steps right now.

Here you go, Ron. The Delay (Dly) buttons and the Tremolo all are stepping through the channels.

You're talking about the Short Dly button on page 6, right? I can get that to go through all four steps. Are you sure you're running 4.2.1? (Version number is displayed in the lower right corner of the main display on powerup).

That is strange. Yes, 4.2.1, and I recently reinstalled it after a factory reset. Maybe I need to do it again.

Both the Dly buttons, as well as the Tremolo button...on hold, I should be cycling through all 4 channels but I only get to channel C and it cycles back to A.

Yes, they do. And as I mentioned above, if I manually select Channel D on the AxeFX, that button displays Step 4.

I can get Step 4 to appear just by holding the button. So weird, I'm struggling to think of how your results could be different than mine.

Does unplugging the MIDI cables change anything (with regard to your ability to select Step 4)?

Okay, I tried it with the MIDI cable unplugged, and it works fine. Moreover, the hold buttons are a lot less finicky when it is unplugged. Plug it back in, and nope! No Step 4, and it feels like there is a stutter to the reactions of the hold function that is trying to switch channels.

Back