Stepping through AIII Mux Channels with a button press?

What happens when you start toggling the amp blocks in the Axe-Fx or Axe-Edit?

When I toggle the blocks on the III, the GT adheres. Even if I turn off or turn on both blocks, which the grouping should not allow. So the grouping rules are not enforced and don't take precedent over the III's settings.

(SNIP of odd double-post)

Ron,

Have not tried it with AxeEdit yet, but changing the bypass state of blocks on the AFX UI (as I mentioned above) does exactly what I'd expect: overrides the Group exclusivity, and displays both blocks as "On" on the GT. Even works when switching scenes.

Moreover, I can't see the purpose for Groups if it did not work this way.

Groups work fine on 99% of devices - the ones that aren't constantly trying to change the button states on the GT. It's the bidirectional communication - specifically the continuous bidirectional communication - that causes the problem. That's something new that I had to introduce for the Axe-Fx III.

So, with 4.2.2, what kind of results do you get when grouping buttons? Are they working ok for you? It would be helpful to know in what cases it's working and in what cases it's not working. You'll still want to keep Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off if you want those buttons to respond to changes in the Axe-Fx III.

So, with 4.2.2, what kind of results do you get when grouping buttons? Are they working ok for you? It would be helpful to know in what cases it's working and in what cases it's not working. You'll still want to keep Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change turned off if you want those buttons to respond to changes in the Axe-Fx III.

From earlier today:

Thanks, Ron. I'm typically not using the AFX UI and the GT at the same time, or AxeEdit and the GT at the same time. But I actually just tried these using 4.2.2, and the groupings seem to work fine. They do what I need them to do on the GT.

Bonus: when I engage two blocks within a group on the AFX UI, it shows both as on on the GT. It didn't seem to get confused at all. Or maybe I don't understand what the symptoms are of confusion? ;-)

For a guy like me, that would be very ironic.

Ok, good to hear. Maybe this is a false alarm on my part and the prior symptoms were all due to the bug fixed in 4.2.2 and/or the use of Update on Preset Change. I'll torture test it when I have some time and see if I can get it to misbehave.

Back