Stereo effects running in effect loops of 2 amps

Lars Bøgh

Hi Ron
I have a question for the diagram in the Effect Gizmo manual page 19. To be specific the "send" cable, from both amps, going into EG In11. How should this cable be wired? - If you are using a standard insert cable, the one amps "send signal" will hit the tip of the TRS plug going into EG (left), while the other amps "send signal" would hit the ring of the TRS (right). I plan to use 5 stereo pedals: Eventide H9 --> Strymon Mobius --> TC Mimiq --> Strymon Timeline --> Strymon Big Sky, ending up with sending the left/right signal from EG.Out12 to the 2 amps return. I wonder if the first stereo pedal in this chain should receive only the left channel. If yes, this means the cable in question should be wired so both amps send, should hit the tip of the TRS? - Am I wrong?

If you're using 2 amps, and you want to hear the preamp of both amps, then one amp's loop send should go to the tip, and the other to the ring. That will keep stereo separation throughout.

Hi Ron
Now finished the wiring, but it don't work as expected. My setup is 2 combo amps, Mesa Boogie Mrk III and a Fender Hot Rod De ville, both equipped with an effect loop. I use a RJM Y-Not to switch between the preamp of the 2 combos. - My plan was to being able to switch between the preamp of the 2 combos, send the output of selected preamp into the stereo effects, and leading the stereo signal (when using effects) back to the effects return of the 2 combos.
What I realize now is, I have to turn both preamps "on" via the Y-Not, to obtain the stereo signal.
The wiring I have done implies that effect send from the Mesa, hits the tip of the Effects Gizmo In9, and the effects send from the Fender, hits the ring of the Effects Gizmo In9.
Stereo effects:
EG9 loop: Eventide H9
EG10 loop: TC Mimiq
EG11 loop: Strymon Mobius
Eg12 loop: Strymon Timeline and Big Sky.
All effects connected via insert cables (left/right), except Timeline and Big sky which are connected in series.
Have you any idea what's wrong ?

I figured it out by connecting the "send" signal from the amps to both tip and ring for the EG In9 connector. - I now achieve what I was looking for.

Back