Using Acoustic and Electric guitar through PBC/6X

I'm trying to figure out the best way to route an acoustic and electric guitar through the PBC/6X. When I play live, I will use acoustic and electric at different times, and it would be amazing to have the ability to tap into my Meris Mercury 7 reverb pedal with my acoustic guitar signal (sometimes).

My plan is to run my electric guitar into input 1 and my acoustic guitar into input 2. I'm assuming this configuration would work the best.

Here's my main question:
What would the best approach be to setting up the output signals for each? If I selected Stereo Output 'ON' and selected Mix Down to Mono would this give me the ability to A/B the signal between the electric and acoustic guitars accordingly?

Is there a better more effective way to approach this setup?

Thank you kindly for the suggestions!

Assuming that you only have one amp, then keep everything set to mono, and just select between input 1 and input 2 when you need to switch guitars. Everything else in the signal path can remain the same.

I'm actually using the PBC/6X like that!
  • Stereo outputs ON and Mixdown to Mono.
  • Set the default audio options to only use Input 1 thru Output 1 (my electric guitar signal).
  • My two acoustic presets use input 2 thru output 2. Atm, this can only be done via the Mastermind editor software, since editing the outputs in the preset directly on the pedal only gives the option to turn both outputs on and off simultaneously (bug?)
  • Important: change the default tuner IA actions to leave both outputs OFF when disengaging! You don't want the amp signal suddenly blasting through the DI (happened to me). See: https://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/inde...puts-resetting-when-using-inbuilt-tuner.3822/ Also, I could not get the tuner to work with input 2 so I have an additional tuner just for the acoustic guitar on my board atm (another bug?).
Anyway, if you have further questions, dm me!

Hi, Ron... jumping in here on an old thread. In your response, above, you wrote: "... just select between input 1 and input 2 when you need to switch guitars..." Is this something that can be programmed into a preset, or does 'selecting between input 1 and input 2...' require the MM editor software?

In the default configuration, on the Switches page, there's an Input button (same as the Bank Down button). Toggling that button will switch between the 2 inputs.

Back