Using loop 7 as amp out

trulsux

In my ever growing rig, I want to use my Vibratone leslie. Both amp outs are used so can I use loop 7
in parallel mode to send a signal to a third amp driving the Vibratone? That way the signal would pass through to loop 8 even if there is nothing in the return of loop 7 and I can switch the leslie in and out without it getting the "timebased" effects in the leslie... would be great to know if it works before tearing my pedalboard apart again :)

Cheers/
Truls

You can definitely do that, and you don't even need to set it to parallel. Don't plug anything into return 7, and signal will still continue from loop 7 to loop 8 even if loop 7 is turned on.

Cool,
That works except for the bad groundloop , it is fine with the Amp B out ( the ISO takes the hum away), but will I need
some sort of ISO-box on loop 7 or Amp A to use all of them together?

Is there a way to turn on a functionswitch with the Mission expression pedal toe/heel style? I.e I turn on Loop 7 ( the leslie) with the switch on the Mission and want to control the speed fast/slow with the sweep turning off Function 3 (slow)in heel and turning on Function 3 (fast) in toe?

You'll need an isolation transformer to fix the ground loop problem.

As for the expression pedal, you can set one position in the pedal's travel where it turns something on when you move above that position, and it turns something off when you move below it (or vice versa). This is found in the "Position Switch" section of the Expression Pedal page in the editor. To actually set the position where this happens, you need to use the PBC itself - in the setup menu, go to Expression Pedals, select Pedal 1, then put your expression pedal in the desired position and select "Set Switch Position"

Tried that but it does´t work...selected "Set Switch Position" in the "middle" of the sweep but it just puts on function 3 once when pushed all the way to the toe pos. then it doesn´t turn off when going back ( the Mission works fine controlling tremolo speeds etc on my Mobius)

I was able to get it to work here - or, at least I could see that function switch 3 was turning on and off based on the expression pedal position when using your settings. Can you hear the relay in the PBC click on and off as you move the expression pedal up and down?

Yes, but it only clicks once and the leslie goes to fast ,the fn3 doesn´t change on the display
and then nothing more happens when I move the pedal back and forth....

Last edited:
You say it's working fine when controlling the Mobius - is that when plugged directly into the Mobius, or when plugged into the PBC?

So, if you add a position switch action to the already working pedal, the switch fails to turn off?

My settings on the global settings on the mission pedal are:
Mobius / cc toggle #7 off:0 on:127
Audio /FnSwitch #3 off:OFF, on:ON

This happens when moving the ex.pedal: Midway through ( where I set the Set switch) I hear the relay click and the leslie goes to fast ( thats what FN3 is hooked up to) the display doesn´t show anything until I press the mission to the full toe position, then the fn3 goes black on the display ( and the light turns on the mission, probably cause I turn the ext switch ) .......then nothing more happens when I move the pedal back and forth or turning the
ext switch on the mission on and off. The ext switch works fine switching other stuff.

Tried everything (I think), just can´t get it to work..... is there a way to reset the PBC to it´s original state so I
can get the expression pedal to do what it should ?? Maybe there is something in my settings that interferes and screwed things up??

Yes, either start up the editor and send the default settings to the PBC, or go into the PBC's setup menu, select System Functions, then Factory Reset.

So I tried with a completely "clean" PBC.... went to the Exp Pedal 1 on the PBC , started with calibrating the Mission pedal , just went up and down, the bargraph followed nicely ( then I have to press a button to leave calibration- hope that´s correct)
Put the mission pedal in the middle pos, pressed set switch- got the Position set message...
Read settings from the device in the PBC editor, went to editing Expression pedal 1 (global)
In the Position switch actions I put on: Audio / Fnswitch #3 off:OFF, on:ON
Send changes to device.

So I still only get a relay click once when moving the Mission , nothing shows on the display, and nothing more happens
when moving the mission back and forth..
Changing to another preset will get the same result....

Am I just missing something obvious? Freaking out here.... :-(

Can there be something wrong with it if it reacts normal when calibrating and controlling other stuff??
It´s a stereo TRS into 2 mono ( one is the Mission exp and the other is an external switch)

Back