Search results

1. S

Saving Chase Bliss Presets with just PBC Buttons?

You can save presets on Chase Bliss small pedals by pressing the Tap and Bypass button at the same time on the pedal and sending the PC# from a button on the PBC. I would like to to use just the buttons on the PBC on each of the Chase Device Button page to save a preset. The Tap and Bypass...
  2. S

Set up Button Page to assign the expression pedal for Chase Bliss Pedals

Was considering purchasing the SP1-RJM expression pedal to control the 6 midi controllable knobs on my seven chase bliss pedals. Each of these knobs have a dedicated cc#. I see you can set on the PBC 10 editor the device and cc# and values as an override for each PBC preset. But I have a...
  3. S

Volume Pedal with Buffer in front of PBC 10

I have a modified Ernie Ball Volume Pedal in front of my PBC10. I like that order so the volume swells also introduce distortion. Its a Thrutone modded pedal - so it has a buffer with a 9v power supply added. It also has a variable impedance knob. The mod comes with a switch that allows you to...
  4. S

Best Practices Using PBC Mixer on 6-10 Loops

New to the PBC and have modulation pedals on loop 7,8 & 9 (chorus, phaser & flanger) and delay on loop 10. My observation with PBC mixer is that in general parallel allows more of the original signal to come through and in series effect is thicker. So for lead tones that have a mod and/or...
  5. S

PBC Tap Tempo Wont Go Low Enough for Tonal Recall Slow Delay Time

I set up the function button on PBC as tap tempo and used the RJM editor to edit the button with drop-down menu and select Tonal Recall Tap Tempo. With this selection, the RJM editor sets function switch up as momentary switch sending PC# 93 which TR requires for tap tempo. And it works. But...
  6. S

Best Approach for Tap Temp for Tonal Recall

See several posts on tap tempo in this forum and trying to distill it down to my use case. I only have one midi capable pedal - Tonal Recall - at the end of my ten loops. Very easy with the manual from Chase Bliss and PBC to set up preset selection at preset level on PBC. On tap tempo - would...
  7. S

Reducing Click Noise with Function Switch and Princeton Tremolo

Happy that the tremolo and reverb jacks in my vintage 68 Fender Princeton Reverb were still working when I hooked them up to the function switches on the PBC. Never had a foot switch for them. When I click the Tremolo off with the PBC function switch, it makes a click noise but not when turned...
  8. S

MXR Dynacomp and Phaser Volume Drop and PBC Buffers

Guitar to either MXR Dynacomp or Phaser out to amp directly with no PBC - no audio volume drop. If I put either in loop 7 (which is fed directly from buffer 2) of PBC then again no audio volume drop. I am assuming both pedals must have impedance requirements that buffer 2 is meeting. If I put...
  9. S

Where to Insert the Noise Gate?

I am using all the 10 loops of the PBC with effect pedals. I also have a Decimator 2 Noise reduction pedal that only is needed with my three "dirt" pedals individually and/or combined - TubeScreamer Overdrive, Blues Driver Distortion and a Fuzzy Lady Fuzz Pedal. Prefer not to have the Noise...
  10. S

Correct Connection for Pedal Power 2 and PBC

Want to be sure what to plug the PBC into with my Pedal Power 2 - the first four inputs have switches to go from 9v to 12v but at 100ma while the PBC Manual suggests it need 400ma. From PBC Manual Power – This is the main power input for the Mastermind PBC. The Mastermind PBC requires a 9VDC or...
  11. S

First Choice for Midi Controlled Pedal?

Have a pure analog pedal chain right now and I just purchased the PBC without any midi controlled effects. Very tempted to use the midi control that PBC offers. My pedals are listed below - pretty strong in drive/tone and modulation but only a single delay and use only spring reverb from fender...
  12. S

PBC Switcher - Amp Reverb/Tremelo AND RC Looper Aux Switch?

(Have not installed my new PBC) See the four switches if you use TRS cable - could I have two switch my fender Princeton reverb tremolo and reverb on and off as well as the other two switches for the Boss RC2 aux switch for stop/tempo (the looper normally uses momentary normally closed dual FS5U...
  13. S

Thoughts on PBC Tuner?

Just received my PBC unit but not installed. I have a Boss TU2 tuner but see PBC offers a tuner. Do you guys ditch your tuners and just use the PBC tuner? Is it good/accurate/easy/clear? Nice to save some space on my board as I try to accommodate the PBC physically while pushing the other pedals...
  14. S

Effect Order for PBC Question

(Editing my question with another note - did not think about the insert points in terms of order - I dont have effects loop in my vintage fender amp but I could put volume into first insert and noise reduction into second insert?) Just received my PBC and not installed - I currently have my...
  15. S

PBC Midi Commands Control Logic Pro X?

Is it possible to use the midi control of the PBC to control Logic Pro X - for example transport controls or preset/effects/instrument/track selection? Be nice while tracking with my pedalboard to easily record with my feet without having to be at my desktop or my hands leave guitar.
  16. S

Handling 11 Pedals - Take out comp or noise reduction?

Hey just received my new PBC and yet to install it. I have 15 pedals and four don't have to be in loops. So I need to decide between 2 pedals to eliminate out of the 10 loops for the PBC. I have the Decimator 2 for noise reduction and I have a MXR compressor. I could keep the compressor out...
Back