Boss MD-500 - Turn on/off via MIDI -Please Help!

I know nothing about this pedal, but it appears that maybe it can be ran in "dual" or "normal" mode. Which are you running? (Or am I completely wrong and there is no such thing?)

Do me a favor...load this file and try it. I set it to be both off on preset 1, A on preset 2 and B on preset 3. See if it works....haha...then I'll explain.

Attachments

• MY Edited.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
I'm not at the computer with the software installed, seeing your description...aside from what @shoelesscraig mentioned, you're trying to send two consecutive CC's to the same pedal which may be a problem. I'll look at in about an hour at the file...in the meantime, isn't CC 27 bypass? That's what you're wanting to do right?

I'm not at the computer with the software installed, seeing your description...aside from what @shoelesscraig mentioned, you're trying to send two consecutive CC's to the same pedal which may be a problem. I'll look at in about an hour at the file...in the meantime, isn't CC 27 bypass? That's what you're wanting to do right?

Yes. I've tried using just a single IA button on the MD500 buttons page set to CC27 which is bypass, but that doesnt appear to do anything.

It stays lit on A for presets 1 , 2 & 3. It changes to B on preset 5. I dont have any loops setup in preset 5, but in the editor the MD500 PC messages box is checked showing Bank 0, PC 5. That PC 5 seems to correlate to bank 2B on the MD500, so makes sense.

So I wanted to check to see if the light just stayed on it the bypass state (per your edited file), no luck. What I find interesting is that if I manually turn effect A or B off on the MD500 itself ( so both lights off) they stay off until I step on a PBC preset 5. EFFECT B comes on and then if I press PBC preset 2 it stays on B. But if I press Preset 1 it changes to A.??

OK, I can see files :) Using Shoes file, can you go to page 4 on the pbc and see if you can control the pedal? Looks like Shoe created a group with only allowing 1 button on at a time...does this control the pedal?

Also, if I turn both Effect A and B off manually they stay off even if I press PBC preset 1, 2 or 3 . Seems odd that if I go from preset 5 to preset 1 it changes from B to A, but if I start with both off, and press preset 1 2 or 3 they stay off .

None of those 3 buttons change anything. Just the program changes work if I check the PC Messages box, but none of the CC' s work.

ok. Here's another weird issue I just noticed with regards to starting with MD500 both Effecets off. In addition to the above noted anomolies, If I manually TURN EFFECT A OFF on the pedal and hit PBC preset 1, 2 or 3 the MD500 stays off FOR ALL THREE. If I TURN EFFECT B ON then OFF ( so both are off) and hit PBC preset 1, Effect A comes on and stays on for preset 2 & 3 as well. Scratching my head here.

Damn left arm! Load my file. go to page 4 press upper left button to get there. On page 4, try bottom 3 buttons...see if it changes the pedal.

edit...upper right button to get to page 4. Nothing else is configured...I'm just trying to control the pedal on that page. Never-mind the other settings.

Attachments

• My Diezel.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Nothing as far as being able to control from the editor. Pressing the PBC presets 1 thru 3 Effect A stays on, when I get to preset 5 it switches to Effect B.

Nothing as far as being able to control from the editor. Pressing the PBC presets 1 thru 3 Effect A stays on, when I get to preset 5 it switches to Effect B.

on the editor choose transfer\write settings to device..then test on pbc.

may sound like a dumb question...are you writing settings to device and testing on the pbc?

I previously hadn't gotten to my DD500 or Rv500, since they are in loops and no need to turn on or off via midi. That said I just tried and I am still able to turn both effects of the DD500 on and off no problem from the editor using a CC command. But it appears that the RV500 behaves the same as the MD500. Not sure why they did that. Frustrating.

I previously hadn't gotten to my DD500 or Rv500, since they are in loops and no need to turn on or off via midi. That said I just tried and I am still able to turn both effects of the DD500 on and off no problem from the editor using a CC command. But it appears that the RV500 behaves the same as the MD500. Not sure why they did that. Frustrating.

Try my file and write to device...though nothing else is configured...those 3 buttons should at send those momentary cc number which if the pedal is configured to receive them.. it should change the pedal.

Back