The Mini Effect Gizmo is the most compact switcher in the RJM Music lineup. This switcher is small enough to be placed on a pedalboard or in a rack drawer alongside your pedals. With the Mini Effect Gizmo, you can switch five pedals, switching any or all of the pedals into your signal path with a single tap of a MIDI controller button!
The Mini Effect Gizmo includes the same acclaimed RJM buffer and Click Stopper™ noise reduction circuit that are found in the larger switchers. This insures that your tone is preserved as much as possible!
- Control your pedals on a pedalboard, in a rack drawer, or wherever. The Mini Effect Gizmo is small enough to fit almost anywhere
- One button press on a MIDI controller can turn on any or all of the 5 connected pedals. No more pedal tap dance!
- 5 true-bypass audio loops allow you to preserve your guitar’s tone. Unused effects – and the cables that connect them – are switched completely out of your signal path
- Relay-based switching offers the most transparent sounding audio switching available
- The built-in audio buffer improves tone even further, reducing level and treble loss from long cable runs
- Click Stopper™ circuit insures quiet switching
- Compatibility with all MIDI controllers
- Easy to program and use
- 5 relay switched audio loops, wired in series
- Any loop can be used as a split point, allowing for 3/1, 2/2 and 1/3 splits. (Can be used to run some effects in front of the amp and some in the amp’s effects loop, for example)
- Buffered and unbuffered inputs
- Click Stopper™ output and non-Click Stopper output
- Internal voltage conversion provides +/-15 volts to the buffer and Click Stopper for maximum headroom and audio performance.
- 256 presets, arranged in two banks of 128
- Responds to MIDI Program Change and Continuous Controller messages
- Can provide phantom power through the MIDI In jack. (9VDC, over pins 6&7 of a 7-pin MIDI cable)
- Can also chain phantom power through the MIDI Thru/Out jack. (9VDC, over pins 6&7 of a 7-pin MIDI cable)
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 3.25 x 1.6 inches (21.6 x 8.9 x 4.1 cm)
- Weight: 21.7 oz (615 g)
- Power Requirements: 9VDC or 9VAC @ 150mA
- Made in USA
- 3 year limited warranty
The Mini Effect Gizmo (MEG) is a MIDI controllable 5 loop true bypass audio switcher. You can use the MEG to control your pedals with any midi controller, either in a rack setup or on your pedalboard. A single button press on your MIDI controller can turn on any of the pedals connected to the MEG, making it a lot easier to manage your effects.
The Mini Effect Gizmo is a breeze to set up. Simply plug your effects pedals into the MEG and turn on all your pedals and you are set. The MEG will bring your pedal(s) in and out of your signal path depending on how you program it. Programming is as simple as selecting a preset on your MIDI controller, using the Mini Effect Gizmo buttons to turn on the desired loops, and holding the Write button to store those settings. This can be repeated for up to 128 presets.
Yes, it is! When an audio loop is switched off, the pedal and its cables are completely disconnected from your signal path. This allows you to bypass unused effects completely, preserving your guitar tone.
The Mini Effect Gizmo is compatible with any MIDI device on the market and pairs perfectly with the Mastermind GT and LT. You can also pair the MEG with the PBC to have 15 – or more – loops!