The Effect Gizmo is a programmable true bypass loop switcher. With this switcher, you can take control of up to twelve pedals or effects processors and can control them from any MIDI controller. Turn on any group of pedals with a single button press! You can define up to 256 presets, each of which can turn on any or all of the connected pedals.
With its clean, transparent sounding audio path, acclaimed buffer circuit and road-worthy construction, it’s easy to see why the Effect Gizmo is being used by so many big name touring bands!
- Use the Effect Gizmo to move your valuable pedals off the floor and into a rack, out of harm’s way. All you need at the front of the stage is a MIDI foot controller
- 12 true-bypass audio loops allow you to preserve your guitar’s tone. Unused effects – and the cables that connect them – are switched completely out of your signal path
- Relay-based switching offers the most transparent sounding audio switching available
- The built-in audio buffer improves tone even further, reducing level and treble loss from long cable runs
- The Click Stopper™ circuit insures quiet switching
- Compatibility with all MIDI controllers
- Easy to program and use
- 3 year limited warranty
- 12 audio loops for effect switching (Loops 1-4 internally wired in series, Loops 5-8 internally wired in series, and Loops 9-12 are independent)
- Loops 9-12 accept stereo (TRS) connections. The Effect Gizmo can be special ordered with all stereo loops
- Loops 9-12 can also double as function switches, allowing you to control amplifier channel switching
- Bypassable audio buffer, can be positioned at any insert point between loops with patch cables
- 256 presets, arranged in two banks of 128
- Responds to MIDI Program Change and Continuous Controller messages
- Can provide phantom power through the MIDI In jack. (9VAC, over pins 6&7 of a 7-pin MIDI cable)
- XLR MIDI input connector provides bidirectional MIDI communication and phantom power to a MIDI controller
- Dimensions: 19 x 7.25 x 1.75 inches (48.3 x 18.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Weight: 4lb, 9oz (2.1 kg)
- Made in the USA
Create your own: Use this blank template to create your own diagram.
The Effect Gizmo is a rack mountable MIDI controllable 12 loop audio switcher. You can use the Effect Gizmo to control your pedals with any midi controller, either in a rack setup or on your pedalboard. A single button press on your MIDI controller can turn on any of the pedals connected to the Effect Gizmo, making it a lot easier to manage your effects. You can also program the Effect Gizmo to change channels on certain amps and engage various functions on pedals that have ¼-inch switching inputs.
The Effect Gizmo extremely simple to set up. Plug your effects pedals into the Effect Gizmo and turn on all your pedals and you are set. The Effect Gizmo will switch your pedal(s) in and out of your signal path depending on how you program it. Programming is as simple as selecting a preset on your MIDI controller, using the Effect Gizmo buttons to turn on the desired loops, and holding the Write button to store those settings. This can be repeated for up to 128 presets.
Yes, it is! When an audio loop is switched off, the pedal and its cables are completely disconnected from your signal path. This allows you to bypass unused effects completely, preserving your guitar tone.
The Effect Gizmo is compatible with any MIDI controller on the market, but it pairs extremely well with either our Mastermind GT or Mastermind LT.