MASTERMIND GT 4.1beta1 FIRMWARE/EDITOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you make a change on the Axe III directly while Axe Edit is open, you’ll find that Axe Edit lags for a moment, then refreshes itself and adjusts to convey what the Axe III edits were, because the devices are constantly syncing with each other. There is usually a gap in sound during this readjustment of Axe Edit.

When you make a change to your Axe Fx via the GT, Axe Edit recognizes that as a change in the Axe Fx and Axe Edit begins the readjustment process, causing the delay and sound.

Hope this helps.

Hi everyone. I have All My Effects Buttons Set so that when I Press and hold them I get the Pop-Up of the Channel Select Menu. This is On The Main Page. It works great.
When I Go into the IA Page if I Hold one of the same Effect Buttons I don’t get the Pop-Up Menu... it just Cycles through the Channels.
Is this a Bug ?

Hi Everyone, although it is my first post here (I think) I have been reading the Forum for some years (MMGT16). Until now I have been using the GT16 with great success to control my Axe Fx II XL but now I have upgraded to the Axe Fx III. The latest beta (4.1.b1) is installed and everything is mostly working OK (Tap Tempo, Tuner etc..). I think I like the "Songs on the GT16 are Presets on the Axe Fx III" idea. One cool thing with this is that I can have different pages on the GT16 for different Scenes in the Axe Fx III. E.g. a page with effects I use when playing rhythm (e.g. Scene 1) and when selecting Scene 2 for boost/solo I get another page on the GT16 with typical effects I use for solos.

I have noticed the same as Rain but I also have another question which I have not found any answer to (having read this and the Fractal Forums):
I am not able to control (bypass/un-bypass and change Channel) in effect blocks with CC-numbers above 127, e.g. the Plex Delay (CC#178). The workaround so far (at least for me....) is to program the Bypass of the block to be controlled by ExtCtrl 16 (CC#26) but then I loose the possibility of changing Channel on the block. My best guess is that this is associated with the fact that MIDI only has adresses from 0 - 127 but I thought that was handled by using Sysex as "pseudo" CC's
Is it only my shortcoming, are anybody else experiencing the same issue and last but not least; how can I get control of CC#'s above 127?

Thanks for looking into this!
Knut (from Norway so please excuse improper English;))

When you make a change on the Axe III directly while Axe Edit is open, you’ll find that Axe Edit lags for a moment, then refreshes itself and adjusts to convey what the Axe III edits were, because the devices are constantly syncing with each other. There is usually a gap in sound during this readjustment of Axe Edit.

When you make a change to your Axe Fx via the GT, Axe Edit recognizes that as a change in the Axe Fx and Axe Edit begins the readjustment process, causing the delay and sound.

Hope this helps.

thanks, but this is not the point
-Until now the GT16, programmed manually (no bidirectional), worked perfectly on Axe III with Axe Edit III (no lag, no refresh, it was instantaneous)
-the problem is that now to engage a stomp I have to press the switch maybe 7-8 or 10 times, before it engage, and same thing if I have to switch off.
-when I change preset you can ear the gap audio two times, not one!

next week I start rehearsals for a musical, and this is a huge problem, because while I play I'll need Axe Edit open to make some adjustments on the fly, which does not make it possible to switch the stomps correctly.

You have MIDI Receive Channel set at channel 1.
At this stage it's better to set it to None, I think, because I've noticed that it causes issues.

Thanks Alexander, it was always set at channel 1, and before was not a problem, but I will try now

You have MIDI Receive Channel set at channel 1.
At this stage it's better to set it to None, I think, because I've noticed that it causes issues.

Did not resolve
I also tried a previous version of AE but nothing better happen

thanks, but this is not the point
-Until now the GT16, programmed manually (no bidirectional), worked perfectly on Axe III with Axe Edit III (no lag, no refresh, it was instantaneous)
-the problem is that now to engage a stomp I have to press the switch maybe 7-8 or 10 times, before it engage, and same thing if I have to switch off.
-when I change preset you can ear the gap audio two times, not one!

next week I start rehearsals for a musical, and this is a huge problem, because while I play I'll need Axe Edit open to make some adjustments on the fly, which does not make it possible to switch the stomps correctly.

Regarding the latest Axe-Edit III beta: no issues here.

It's not Axe-Edit, its something in your MIDI setup.

You're using non-default MIDI settings on your GT. Not only "MIDI Receive Channel", but you've also unchecked "Ignore Incoming PCs" in the GT. Do you also have "Send PC" enabled in the III's MIDI/Remote menu? That may cause issues.

As I wrote before: better to start with a factory reset.

BTW, the new GT firmware is very beta and there are bugs. RJM hasn't claimed that it is anywhere production-ready.

I use my iPad connected with USB on GT16, for changing PC. When testing, suddenly the GT16 goes blank with only the IA Mode screen lit, and unable to use it. I have to reboot the GT to make it work again. I've always used it this way without problem with my Axe-FX II, really scared to use it at the tomorrow gig... I know it's a beta, just pointing the bug.

Regarding the latest Axe-Edit III beta: no issues here.

It's not Axe-Edit, its something in your MIDI setup.

You're using non-default MIDI settings on your GT. Not only "MIDI Receive Channel", but you've also unchecked "Ignore Incoming PCs" in the GT. Do you also have "Send PC" enabled in the III's MIDI/Remote menu? That may cause issues.

As I wrote before: better to start with a factory reset.

BTW, the new GT firmware is very beta and there are bugs. RJM hasn't claimed that it is anywhere production-ready.

yes, as you advised me, I started so:

-Factory Reset on Axe III
-Factory Reset on MMGT
-then Follow this steps one to one

How I have to set:

Ignore incoming PC on GT16?
Ignore Redundant PC on GT16?
Ignore Redundant PC on Axe III?
Send midi PC on Axe III is "OFF", correct?

I attached my settings on Axe

Attachments

• IMG_3273.jpg
    IMG_3273.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 5
On the III set Ignore Redundant PC to ON.

On the GT set Ignore Incoming PC to ON.

done!
something is changed, now when I turn on stomps, if I change a scene and then come back to the previous (same preset), I found already the stomps "on", but the problem remain: have to press the switches more than one time (sometime 4-5 times) to engage a stomp, or to turn it off.

And as said before, if I turn off Axe Edit, everything goes right

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing that out, that one was easy to find and fix. Regarding the PPA, we will send you another one today.

Ron came in the mail while I was in Hawaii. Hooked it up today and reinstalled the beta firmware in the MMGT, factory reset, and everything is working! I can send so looks like we did have a faulty PPA!

I use my iPad connected with USB on GT16, for changing PC. When testing, suddenly the GT16 goes blank with only the IA Mode screen lit, and unable to use it. I have to reboot the GT to make it work again. I've always used it this way without problem with my Axe-FX II, really scared to use it at the tomorrow gig... I know it's a beta, just pointing the bug.

Please send me your settings and I can investigate.

I think I've found the culprit: I was sending a blank local page in some presets... Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone. I have All My Effects Buttons Set so that when I Press and hold them I get the Pop-Up of the Channel Select Menu. This is On The Main Page. It works great.
When I Go into the IA Page if I Hold one of the same Effect Buttons I don’t get the Pop-Up Menu... it just Cycles through the Channels.
Is this a Bug ?
Anyone ???

My scenes on the GT16 don't sync with what is stored in the Axe-FX III, is it not possible ATM? Effect blocks sync well. I've tried with send on preset change checked or not, no luck.

My scenes on the GT16 don't sync with what is stored in the Axe-FX III, is it not possible ATM? Effect blocks sync well. I've tried with send on preset change checked or not, no luck.

Did you check out the video I did? Scene names don't synchronize automatically, you need to do Get Preset Names in the setup menu. A lot of people don't like how it works right now, so it may be best to just wait until the next beta release (probably next week), where scene name handling will change. It'll still require "Get Preset Names", but it won't automatically create songs (unless you want it to).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back