Recent content by ColWilkie

1. C

Midi Preset Change - Strange tempo behaviour

You were spot on, thanks! The tempo button that was mapped did have that set. Unticked it and it’s working perfectly now! Thanks as always for the great support :)
  2. C

Thanks for the reply. It is the light on the Meris pedal that’s out of sync. I do have a tap tempo assigned on the PBC, I’ll check that out first and see if I have that setting on.
  3. C

I should probably also add that I’ve also tested changing presets with an editor on my Mac via midi. No issues there either. It only appears to be happening when doing a preset switch with the RJM device.
  4. C

Hi, Recently I’ve noticed on my Meris Polymoon some strange behaviour with the PBC6X. Not sure which device has the issue (I’m awaiting a response from Meris). Changing presets, the audible tempo for the preset is correct, but the tempo light is not in sync. It initially flashes at the...
  5. C

Reading MIDI Input from the PBC6X

Sorry, I did indeed misunderstand. I was thinking I could just use the single midi cable to connect, but of course I wouldn't have the return signal back to the device. While the Midi I/O is bi-directional, that applies for the TRS connection to the pedal, not the standard midi cable port...
  6. C

Thanks for the reply. I was kind of hoping I could just send the messages when connected with USB through the RJM to the Meris and vice versa. Guess that’s not possible? Still finding my way around this midi stuff!
  7. C

For my new Meris pedal, I'll likely purchase the Midi I/O box. I'm just wondering if it's possible to connect the PBC6X to my iMac, and read/write the presets and store locally (there is an Editor and Librarian software I intend to use). This would perhaps save purchasing an additional device...
  8. C

Any advantage to running midi pedals in loops?

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. This is all quite new to me, and while some of it may seem obvious I'd rather ask the experts! Will continue managing them via midi in this case. I have one chorus (Julia) that I thought I might need to run in the loop and keep the 4cm - but...
  9. C

Any advantage to running midi pedals in loops?

I'm overhauling my pedalboard again, and will soon have a Volante and Mercury 7 to add to the collection. Before I get everything wired up again with my PBC6X, just wondering if it's worth running them into independent loops vs keeping outside the looper and fully controlling with midi (aside...
  10. C

Recommendations for PC vs CC Control of Midi Device

Thanks, I’ve played around a bit further tonight and feel much the same. That’s going to be the easiest approach for sure! I take it you’ve just set one patch with both switched off for when it’s not in use?
  11. C

Thanks for your replies both, really appreciate it! So essentially, option 3 would be using a combination of PC and CC messages - hence doesn't work due the lack of delay between messages? @PianoMan - any reason you went for option 1 over 2? Just quicker to programme I guess?
  12. C

I've recently acquired the PBC6X, my first loop switcher! It's absolutely fantastic, and has really improved my setup. I run most of my pedals in front of the amp, with the exception of a Source Audio Collider which I've placed in the loop. Therefore I'm not utilising the 4 cable setup with...
Back