MASTERMIND GT FIRWARE/EDITOR 4.1 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUG:
the SCENE NAMES value in the editor doesn't correspond to the same value on the hardware (when reading settings from the hardware).

Last edited:
BUG:
There's an entry for the Axe-Fx function "RTA" (Realtime Analyzer). But the RTA block can't be engaged/bypassed in the Axe-Fx.
So there's no need for the RTA function in the GT.

The same applies to both FEEDBACK SEND blocks.

Removing these saves a couple of virtual CCs perhaps. :)

Last edited:
I have an RJM Mastermind GT/22 running version 4.1b2 / build 1219, that is powered directly with the RJM PPA-DIN7F-1 power supply, and connected with two 5-pin MIDI cables (Remote In/MIDI Out) to my Axe-Fx III running firmware 1.15 beta 1. I believe, that since I upgraded to 4.1b2, the Tuner display no longer works, rather it just shows the >?< display, while the tuner functions correctly on the Axe-Fx III. I have followed the Factory Reset steps on the GT, and completed a Reset System Parameters <PUSH A> on the Axe-Fx III, but no luck. What am I missing? -Thanks

I have an RJM Mastermind GT/22 running version 4.1b2 / build 1219, that is powered directly with the RJM PPA-DIN7F-1 power supply, and connected with two 5-pin MIDI cables (Remote In/MIDI Out) to my Axe-Fx III running firmware 1.15 beta 1. I believe, that since I upgraded to 4.1b2, the Tuner display no longer works, rather it just shows the >?< display, while the tuner functions correctly on the Axe-Fx III. I have followed the Factory Reset steps on the GT, and completed a Reset System Parameters <PUSH A> on the Axe-Fx III, but no luck. What am I missing? -Thanks

Make sure that Send Realtime Sysex is turned on in the Axe-Fx III MIDI settings.

BUG: selecting CC#2 for pedal switches to "control"

I'm using cc's 001 - 016 for external control
When selecting CC# 2 (which I use for the WAH) it doesn't work. Not in the editor and not on the pedal.
In the editor it selects "control"
I used CC# 4 for the WAH and it works

BUG: selecting CC#2 for pedal switches to "control"

I'm using cc's 001 - 016 for external control
When selecting CC# 2 (which I use for the WAH) it doesn't work. Not in the editor and not on the pedal.
In the editor it selects "control"
I used CC# 4 for the WAH and it works

Sorry, forgot to mention CC#2 is reserved for the Control block. It can't be used for anything else.

In total, you can't use CC#0, which is used for MIDI bank select, you can't use #2 because it's the control block, and you can't use 27 and above because those are the effect blocks and looper control.

The numbers are chosen because that's how they're numbered internally in the Axe-Fx. I'll see if I can mess with the CC#2 one and relocate it somewhere else so that more contiguous CCs are available.

What's the "preset specified" page for?

That's an editor-only setting that means "Display whatever page is specified in the 'Show Page' setting at the top of the screen". It's meant to mimic the "Auto Page Select" behavior on the GT. It only affects what's displayed in the Presets tab in the editor.

BUG: If I save let's say Preset 1 Scene 3 on the Axe FXIII, when I select Preset 1 on the MMGT22 it hows Preset 1 Scene 1. The Axe Still Shows Preset 1 Scene 3.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting my GT and Axe-Fx III to sync Preset and Scene names. When I try, The Axe-Fx goes to Preset 1 and just... stays there.

What settings should I look at to make sure this works?

Hey Ron, having the same problem as Lp59. I've got the same rig as he does, GT16. Maybe a problem with the firmware on that model? Seems like the 22's are working. Thanks-

Suggestion regarding the Channel functionality:

rename the 4 steps from "Ch X" into just "X". So "Ch A" becomes "A", "Ch B" becomes "B", etc.

Results in a much calmer button display, and faster look-up, while retaining the functionality.

I just did this on all buttons. It would be perfect if the GT does this by default.

Like this:

IMG_1812.JPG

Last edited:
I often switch between selecting presets (Preset Menu) and songs (Song Menu).

Currently the two menus are linked. If I select a preset and then call up the Song Menu, the displayed page in the Song Menu reflects the preset selected earlier.

For my workflow, this is very inconvenient. Also because preset numbering on my system starts at 0, while song numbering starts at 1.

I would much rather prefer the two menus to stay independent. Meaning that whatever preset(s) I select, does not have an impact on the displayed page in the Song Menu. And vice versa.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting my GT and Axe-Fx III to sync Preset and Scene names. When I try, The Axe-Fx goes to Preset 1 and just... stays there.

What settings should I look at to make sure this works?

The MIDI settings on the Axe-Fx and the connections to the Axe-Fx are the things that would affect this. Have a look at the video I posted at the top of this thread - it shows all of the steps.

BUG:
There's an entry for the Axe-Fx function "RTA" (Realtime Analyzer). But the RTA block can't be engaged/bypassed in the Axe-Fx.
So there's no need for the RTA function in the GT.

The same applies to both FEEDBACK SEND blocks.

Removing these saves a couple of virtual CCs perhaps. :)

FWIW, firmware 1.15 Beta 2 for the Axe-Fx III (released today) makes the Multiplexer blocks and Mixer blocks non-bypassable.

Also, the release notes state improvements regarding 3rd party MIDI support. Don't know specifics.

I often switch between selecting presets (Preset Menu) and songs (Song Menu).

Currently the two menus are linked. If I select a preset and then call up the Song Menu, the displayed page in the Song Menu reflects the preset selected earlier.

For my workflow, this is very inconvenient. Also because preset numbering on my system starts at 0, while song numbering starts at 1.

I would much rather prefer the two menus to stay independent. Meaning that whatever preset(s) I select, does not have an impact on the displayed page in the Song Menu. And vice versa.

Let me make sure I understand. The Song Menu starts with the currently active song highlighted, regardless of how that song was selected - it could be selected using the song menu, the preset menu (which calls up the song the preset belongs to), or bank buttons. Are you asking that the Song Menu specifically start on the song that was last selected from the Song Menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back