Search results

1. J

Controlling Scenes on Axe FX II w/Mastermind (not GT) Help!

Re: Controlling Scenes on Axe FX II w/Mastermind (not GT) He Ron, the method you suggested is actually much more effective. I initially tried that but couldn't figure out how to custom program the changes. I was getting gaps on every single scene change when using the CC to switch. Now that...
  2. J

Re: Controlling Scenes on Axe FX II w/Mastermind (not GT) He I figured it out. I needed to adjust my global setup before I could adjust the presets the way I wanted. I assigned Scene Mode to CC2 on my Axe FX in the I/O section, then programmed the Mastermind to CC2 globally, and then in preset...
  3. J

Hi everyone, I am having trouble controlling Axe FX II scenes with my Mastermind foot controller. I've seen a lot of info on this for the Mastermind GT, but I'm using the original. Is it possible to control scenes on my Axe FX II with this foot controller. Would someone give me a run down on...
  4. J

RG16/Mastermind Randomly Switching Patches *HELP PLEASE*

Re: RG16/Mastermind Randomly Switching Patches *HELP PLEASE Quick update here: Just got done playing. My patches switched randomly two different times during the set. The loops on the RG16 are visually changing when I look at the indicator lights on the unit. Also, on one of the random patch...
  5. J

RG16/Mastermind Randomly Switching Patches *HELP PLEASE*

Hi there, I'm currently on tour in Europe and have been experiencing a problem I have never encountered before. My RG16/Mastermind is changing patches periodically and at random. The problem occurred twice during a 75 minute set last night, and three times during a five minute song at sound...
  6. J

Pics from last night

I fiddled around with this yesterday and the DD7 is definitely not capable of doing this. What sort of buffer would you recommend I use? I'm down to try stuff. I take every failure as a learning experience. haha
  7. J

Pics from last night

Just for an update on this, turns out the G Major 2 doesn't perform so well with my Peavey 6505 or 6505+. I get a noticeable low end drop when the GM2 is engaged in the fx loop, even when bypassed. I talked to the folks at Peavey and they told me the problem is the impedance on the GM2 is far...
  8. J

Help Choosing a Midi Interface

I've had a hard time setting my levels bc I'm only playing quietly in my house right now. I definitely don't have a lot of signal coming through on the input meter. It never comes close to topping out. Perhaps that's the problem. I think I still have a lot to figure out on this thing.
  9. J

Cool, thanks guys. Hey Martin, I've been playing around with my G-Major 2 and have found the tracking on the pitch block to be horrid. Especially the octaver and diatonic algorithms. Did you have any trouble with these? Is this something that might be fixed when I update the firmware? They're...
  10. J

Hey everyone, I need to buy a Midi Interface so I can install firmware updates on my Mastermind and my G-Major 2. I don't need anything fancy. Just something affordable that works. Any suggestions? Thanks! JB
  11. J

Pics from last night

Thanks for the info, gentlemen. I will get back to you if I have any further questions. Looking forward to getting started on this!
  12. J

Pics from last night

Ron, I'm using a Mastermind. There's a short list of things that I'd like to get setup with the G Major II that are hopefully very simple. -Have my effects running through the fx loop (obviously). Do I need to use the 4-cable method for this? I don't know anything about that other than the...
  13. J

Pics from last night

Hey Martin, I just ordered a G-Major II for my rig. I've been simply running a bunch of stomp boxes through my RG-16 which was a piece of cake to program. I'm new at midi programming and have never used an effects processor. I don't want to be a bother, but could I hit you up for help and...
  14. J

Portable B-rig (First time building a rig)

Hey everyone, My name is JB Brubaker and I play guitar in the band August Burns Red. I needed a small portable b-rig to take on fly shows/international stuff. I'm a beginner to rig building, but have really taken an interest in it and I am trying to learn as much as I can. With that being...
  15. J

Popping Pedal Problem

Martin, I did try running it in a couple different loops, but to no avail. I thought maybe running it out of the FX loop would make a difference but the results were the same. I read a little about the DC leakage that Ron mentioned and I think must be the problem. While I'm personally not...
  16. J

Popping Pedal Problem

I'm having a problem where I get a pretty awful pop sound when I turn on the loop with my T-Rex Tonebug Chorus pedal. I'm using an RG-16 with a Mastermind controller through a Peavey 6505+ amp. The pop is the worst the first time I switch that pedal on. It seems to get quieter after switching...
Back