*** DEVICE SUPPORT REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I think I have located the fault: The mastermind GT midi out dosnt work proberly. When I put the cable into the midi out port (on GT) sometimes it works (the Kemper is telling Midi connected) and when I touch the cable it will disconnect.

But...what shall I do?

Did you buy from Frank at Looper's Paradise? He's contacted us and we're sending replacement circuit boards to him.

It would be awesome if you could do the TC Voicelive 2 (floor Unit)

I think it's the same thing as the rack unit, and voiclive 3?

what would be really cool is if you could crack the code and add exspresion pedal support to change Effects Parameters! :lol: :cool:

Thanks your the best Ron!

Hi Ron,
I know you've been busy with many projects over the last few months.
Can you give some thought to the n+1/n-1 program change idea for inc/dec
Presets on units that don't have it in their CC library.
My need is for the Line 6 M5 but it could be useful especially for any unit.
Thanx
Bobruz

Yes, I have been thinking about extending preset control for individual devices. Hopefully soon...

Support for Line 6 HELIX?

Hi Ron,
Hope the vacation was killer!!!!

Are you planning to have the GT support the Line 6 Helix?
I'm contemplating the rack version and the GT would be fantastic with it I bet.
bobruz :D

Yes, the vacation was great! It was very nice to unplug for a while.

I didn't even know about the Helix, but it looks cool. I will be in touch with Line 6 to see about what kind of MIDI support it will have.

In order of personal interest and utility:

Roland VG-99 would be awesome.
Digital Music Corp GCX Switcher
Marshall JMP-1 MIDI Pre-amp
Korg A-Series. Namely, the A1, A2 and A3
Line6 1rU rack mount "Pro" units.
All of the old Electrix processors although I would prioritise the Filter Factory and Mo-FX
Boss VF-1

The GCX is already supported, listed under Voodoo Lab. I'll start looking at the others...

I just bought a GT10 and I'm pumped. I have a KPA and a V1 G-Major, so I have some supported devices already.

I also own a Roland VG-99 and would love to ditch my FC-300. I plan on trying the "generic" device template with it. I'd love to see RJM add it to the supported product list. The MIDI implementation is available on the VGuitar Forum site if that would help.

Another item I'd love to see would be control of Logic Pro X. I know there are controllers out there for DAWs, but as a guitarist, I'd rather be able to use my feet.

And here's a really wild idea. I use UA Apollo interfaces with their powered plugins. If I could convince UA to add MIDI learn functions to its plugins ....

Logic Pro X will work fine, but since we can't guess what kind of configuration you'll have, there can't be any preset configuration. Just create a generic device in the GT and set MIDI Port to USB. Then, set up a button layout on the GT. On IA buttons, you'll need to set up each button to send a unique CC number. Then, you can use the learn function in Logic to get it to respond to the GT.

I'll look into the VG99. Not sure about the UA stuff - does it accept CC messages via MIDI?

Any update on support for the new Line 6 Helix?
It's almost shipping time for the first rack units.

I have yet to get any information about the Helix's MIDI implementation from Line 6, and they haven't posted the full manual to their site. But, as soon as they do, I'll get on it!

Last, I checked, the floor unit will come out first, followed by the rack unit a couple months later, but my information could be outdated.

I have yet to get any information about the Helix's MIDI implementation from Line 6, and they haven't posted the full manual to their site. But, as soon as they do, I'll get on it!

Last, I checked, the floor unit will come out first, followed by the rack unit a couple months later, but my information could be outdated.

Ron, I PM'd you. Hope it's useful info.

Big Sky is already supported, the Volcano is like the Whammy in that, mostly, the device is controlled by specific PCs instead of specific CCs. The device database doesn't yet have support for named PCs for each device.

I suppose this should go under "Feature requests", but after readingyour response, I started thinking more about what I'm really looking towards:

User editable tags/labels (by device) for PC messages

And User editable tags for cc's (especially useful for switchers: "Loop 1" could become "Centaur")

I realize this probably turns the database structure on it's ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back