EDITOR BETA!

Markw1313 said:
I've set up a page(1) with presets 1-6 & a bunch of IA buttons. How do I set up a page(1) for the 2nd and subsequent Banks - Presets 7-12, 13-18 etc.?

Page layouts stay the same no matter what bank or preset you are on. You can set presets to start on a certain page number. In other words, you can't have a different page 1 for bank 0 (presets 1 to 6) and bank 1 (presets 7 to 12), the page layouts are global across all presets. There are only 16 definable page layouts, not 16 * 384 presets or 16 * 64 banks.

For example: By default every preset starts on page 1. If you change the layout of page 1, then that change is reflected in every instance of page 1 throughout the presets, no matter what bank you have selected. Banks are simply there to allow the 6 preset buttons (by default) to access a lot more than 6 presets.

Also as a feature I don't think it would be possible to implement different pages per bank, as the bank size changes dynamically depending on how many preset buttons are on the current page - the GT would need to know what bank you're on, which depends on which page you're on (as different pages may have different amounts of preset buttons), which depends on which bank you're on, and on and on etc...

A few things to add here:

- Banks and button pages are not related to each other. The Bank Up and Bank Down buttons adjust the bank, and the Page / Store button adjusts the button page. Changing one does not affect the other.
- However, selecting a preset will change the currently visible button page.
- A preset button is different than other kinds of buttons. It doesn't have a fixed function, per se. The Preset 1 button you see in the editor will not necessarily recall preset 1 when you press it. It will recall the first preset in the currently selected bank.
- You don't need to define a button for every preset you wish to use, you only need to define buttons for the maximum number of presets you want to have accessible at one time. (i.e. a bank of presets)
- In your example, even though you have only preset buttons for presets 1-6, once you put the settings on the GT, those buttons will update to presets 7-12 as soon as you press the Bank Up button.

On the to do list is fixing the editor to make sure that you can switch banks in the preset view. I hope this will clarify things.

The light dawns!
I misunderstood the relationship between presets, pages & banks.
I've got it now.
Thanks gentlemen.

In the Preset window you can set PC numbers for each device. Would it be possible to add CC numbers as well?
The Axess Electronics units I'm using operate in PC mode or CC mode, not both and PC numbers can only be set via manual connection and selection via midi.

Hi Ron,

Checking out the editor (very nice) and as a guitar player who plays in multiple bands it occurred to me that it might be helpful to be able to be able to input an artist name as a component of the "song" name that would allow for an additional way of sorting the songs. Doesn't happen all that frequently but sometimes there are songs with the same name by different artists. Where I thought this might be cool is in creating set lists. It would make it easy to compile a set list based on specific artists or to keep from playing to many "Rush" songs in a row when making the set lists :lol: Just a thought and probably way to much code to consider but I thought I'd share none the less. Thank you sir!

Steve

Mark - the way it can be done currently is to assign IA buttons to send CC messages to your Axess device. Then, for each preset, select the preset, turn on the desired IA buttons for that preset, then hold Page / IA Store to store those IA settings to the preset. Or, in the editor, just select a preset and click on the IAs you'd like to have turn on for that preset. When you select a preset on the GT, the IA buttons will automatically activate and send their CC messages.

Steve- interesting idea. The only downside is the memory requirement for the additional information, but it should be possible.

MMGT has the newest firmware, went to use the Editor, and after working on songs, setlist "offline"... and connected it to the MMGT and a pop up screen say's..... "Mastermind firmware is too new for this version of editor, please upgrade your editor software"

is there an update that I'm missing?

Yes, you're right - looks like the editor is a little too picky regarding versions. I should have the first v1.2 beta posted along with a matching editor soon - later today if all goes well. In the meantime, if you save the settings to a flash drive and load it into the editor that way it should work.

Editor version 0.6 is now available. The download link is at the top of this thread. Come 'n' get it! (and test the hell out of it!)

Now version 0.7 is available. Use it with the latest firmware (1.2 beta 2) to try out some cool new features! (See the first post in this thread for a link)

And now 0.8 is available. Use this with firmware 1.2 beta 3. (Link is at the top of this thread)

Downloaded latest beta to start programming before picking up my GT tomorrow. May have found some minor bugs.

Whe assiging IAs to Axe scenes no matter which scene number you select it puts the label at Scene 1 and it appears the CC programming is for scene 1 as well.

rjmmusic said:
0.8.1 now available. I haven't yet fixed the Scenes bug, but will do that next!

All good. I just manually entered CC info. After long travel day I connected GT to mac and did some programming and testing. Was too tired to lug upstairs and connect to Axe etc.

I had some fun and thought I caught more bugs but all turned out to be pilot error.

Totally digging it so far and I am sure will love the page per preset thing.

Question: is there a way to add just CC off or CC on messages to button rather than toggle? Trying to figure out a way to add POD IA states to Axe Scenes to sort of make GT scenes even if through manual programming.

If I understand what you mean, you want the button to send messages every time the button is pressed - and the same messages every time it's pressed (not a separate on and off message).

You could assign CC Momentary actions to the button and set the off value of those actions to None. That should do it.

I'm not sure what you mean - are you saying you only want CCs to be sent when you're in bank 2 or higher?

Back